Outdoor Rachio Installation - Getting Started / Rachio 3 - Rachio Community

Outdoor Rachio Installation

Post by Gwpotter on Aug 7, 2019

This page in the Rachio Site about 3/4 of the way to the bottom has the words, “ DO NOT install the over of the base of the controller after it’s mounted in the enclosure.” OK - but the pictures show what I believe is the cover on the controller just below the words in question. (I am assuming the white piece of the controller with a round hole and a slot for the light strip is the cover.)

So should I or should I not put the cover on?

643 views
1 link

Post by DLane on Aug 7, 2019

@Gwpotter - don’t put the cover on. Yes the white piece with the round hold and the slot is the Gen 3 cover.
The reason is I think it makes it a tight fit when the outside enclosure is closed. No harm in leaving the inside cover off.

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Rachio3 via HomeSeer
Rachio 3
0 48 May 4
Obsolete, End of Life for Rachio device? Add Ethernet
Product Suggestions
4 282 23d
All Weather Underground PWS Stations are gone
Tech Support
5 165 Mar 21
Handling of Tempest Station Offline?
Product Suggestions
2 113 Aug 2025
No zones are working!
Troubleshooting
6 57 May 4