Outdoor Enclosure Question - Getting Started / Before You Buy - Rachio Community

Outdoor Enclosure Question

post by heshie75v on Jul 27, 2017

I am getting all my “stuff” ready to install my Rachio. My question is the web site mentions a Strain relief bushing for the Outdoor Enclosure.

What size bushing is this and can someone recommend one that I can get lets say at home depot since I don’t need a pack of 5

Thanks

post by mitchell on Jul 28, 2017

Hi Herman!

The strain relief bushing that we recommend through the Outdoor Installation support article you’ve mentioned has a diameter of 7/8in (0.875in).

Hope this helps!

post by heshie75v on Jul 28, 2017

I understand the size etc. however the brand that rachio recommends that I use with the install is impossible to find in my local Home Depot.

The link to Amazon requires that I buy a pack of 5, with is really a waste.

One piece usually sells for less than a dollar, on Amazon in lots, of 5 its in excess of $15, any suggestions as to an alternative brand ?

Thanks

post by GregE on Aug 1, 2017

Call an electrical supply house in your city. They might be able to sell you 1 or refer you to an electrician that might.