Outdoor enclosure HELP - Getting Started / Before You Buy - Rachio Community
Outdoor enclosure HELP
post by nehsmit on Jul 28, 2017
Hi All,
I need to mount my rachio outside and need an outside enclosure. I know rachio makes its own. I don’t have a nearby outlet so need to extend a plug. I have seen a post here about it but it was not finalized. So questions are:
- Which is the best enclosure for an older 16zone unit?
- What’s best way of extending the cord?
Thanks in advance.
post by DLane on Jul 28, 2017
@Nehsmit - In this post there are two different posts about outside enclosures, one of which is an Orbit enclosure -> ISO Gen 1 Outdoor Enclosure or Compatible Alternative
Both options have an electrical outlet in the box, so one extends the electrical circuit in conduit to the enclosure and plug in there.