Notification prior to watering start - Settings / Notifications - Rachio Community

Notification prior to watering start

post by David_L312 on May 23, 2018

(Generation 1)

There used to be a notification 1 hour before watering would start. This seems to now be gone (there is still a notification when watering starts and ends).
Please bring this back. It gives me a chance to abort watering if needed.
Thanks.

post by tmcgahey on May 23, 2018

Between 3 controllers (2 of mine, and 1 I’m helping to manage) and 24 zones, I get notifications ALL day EVERYDAY. I can say with pretty good certainty that I still get notifications before waterings…

post by tburch on May 23, 2018

A simple toggle on/off in the app for different notifications would be great. I don’t really want notifications when a schedule starts/stops, but do want a notification when a schedule is skipped.

post by timber on May 23, 2018

@tburch You can do this under More -> Account Settings -> Notifications

post by CBM on Jul 3, 2018

I agree. This was a great feature. The other day my lawn guy called and said the sprinkler was on while he tried to cut my grass. With the old system, I would have known 1 hour before and cancelled the event.

post by tmcgahey on Jul 3, 2018

It is still there. Go into your account settings and make sure it is toggled on. I get all my notifications.

post by David_L312 on Jul 4, 2018

Hmmm, I’m afraid I don’t see it. I have every notification enabled and I’m not getting a notification 1 hour PRIOR to the start of watering.

post by tmcgahey on Jul 4, 2018

What phone are you using? Is there a chance that you inadvertently disabled the app from showing notifications on the phone? I know with Android, you can individually silence notifications in the settings.

post by CBM on Jun 5, 2019

Back in the early days, Rachio would send an email 12 hours before it watered. This was really handy in case the yard had to be available for lawn care or some other purpose. I would like to see that come back.

post by tinyfrozenproteins on Oct 7, 2025

I’d like to refresh this feature request for a toggle for a notification 1 hour prior to the start of watering. I have the water to my sprinkler system shut off when not in use to do a small leak but would love a heads up that it will run soon so I can make sure to have the valve open when it runs.