New system not activating the sprinkler heads - Schedules & Zones / Flex Daily - Rachio Community
New system not activating the sprinkler heads
post by Gstafford61 on Jun 9, 2024
New installation of Rachio 3 to a Rainbird esp modular
I just installed the Rachio three today. I took care to identify the wires for each of the existing zones. As well as three white wires that the Rainbird had in the primary module that I assuming is the power?
The Rachio is functioning as far as Internet connection with the Tempest weather station in my app. But none of the sprinkler hedge are coming on.
What mistake have I committed?
post by DLane on Jun 9, 2024
@Gstafford61 - Can a before and after pictures be posted?
Is there a master valve in the system?
Is there a sensor in the system or wiring?
post by Gstafford61 on Jun 9, 2024
As far as A master valve and sensor wire to be honest if it bit me in the butt, I still won’t know it
post by ady624 on Jun 10, 2024
According to your pics, you have a master valve (dark red/plumish color going into MV in the Rainbird photo). Your zone 1 (yellow) is currently going to your master valve (M) port in the Rachio. You need to identify the master valve wire (is it the floating plum colored one?) and plug it into the M port, shift the zone wires one slot to the right, yellow goes to 1, green goes to 2, etc. Do not ever plug two wires into the same slot, the three white ones, common, can plug into three of the four available C white slots either side of the zone slots. Then go to the Rachio’s Controller Settings and set the Advanced Wiring (M Terminal) to Master Valve. Let me know how that works for you
post by Gstafford61 on Jun 11, 2024
Well. I did some more work. But still no success…. I’m sure it’s because of me…. But could a 2nd look be taken and feedback given?
post by DLane on Jun 11, 2024
@Gstafford61 - if you moved the wiring around like @ady624 suggested, please post an updated photo of the Rachio showing the current wiring.
post by Gstafford61 on Jun 11, 2024
post by ady624 on Jun 11, 2024
That looks better. Did you also enable Master Valve in Advanced Wiring (M Terminal) under Controller Settings? So? is it working now?
post by Gstafford61 on Jun 12, 2024
Yes, I did check the M setting in the app. It is enabled. However, it is still not working. I just got an auto email that my zone 2 is over amped?
14 days later
post by Gstafford61 on Jun 26, 2024
Hey there. Well. I had two wires crossed…. But once that was directed it is up and running….now the learning curve of how to use the app and make schedules.