New Schedule Features Available! - Schedules & Zones - Rachio Community
Load more posts above
post by ady624 on Jun 11, 2024
ady624 Rachio Power User
Thank you! Is the “before sunrise” start time bug fixed, please? If only a few zones are to be watered, the watering should start at such a time that they all end just in time for sunrise. They would currently start at the time it would take if all zones watered, regardless of how many of them actually water While these features are cool and much needed, users seldomly get to use them (during setup). The end before bug affects some users daily.
post by ady624 on Jun 11, 2024
ady624 Rachio Power User
just open AppStore, click on your user top right, pull down to refresh and hit Update All, or find Rachio and update it. The phone updates them itself if so configured, but it seems to do it once every few days.
post by Fl-user on Jun 11, 2024
Fl-user
Yes, that should work but it isn’t in the update available list. Looking further down into recently updated, it was updated on May 30th, 2024 to version 4.17.1. I had to go into the App Store and find the app, select it and then there was an option to update that wasn’t there earlier either. Got it now.
post by aquesada001 on Jun 13, 2024
aquesada001
Others, myself included, have been asking for YEARS… I don’t know why this is such a difficult feature to add. At the very least, Rachio should acknowledge the request and explain why it cannot be done. Unless they have already and I missed it.
post by ady624 on Jun 13, 2024
ady624 Rachio Power User
My two cents on the matter, based solely on intuition (I have no facts): The Rachio hardware is not powerful enough to run the weather intelligence (WI) logic onboard, and therefore relies on the cloud for decisions of what and when to water. According to things I read, it does call home about one hour before a scheduled watering, to see if anything should change. Let’s assume we have 6 zones set to run 30 min each, ending at sunrise, for simplicity, 6:30am. The 6 zones would take 3h to complete, prompting for a 3:30am start and a 2:30am E.T. call home (the alien, not the timezone). Let’s assume now that the previous evening, WI decided only 2 out of the 6 zones should water. If watering were to start at 5:30am (6:30am - 2 x 30 min), then a 4:30am call home is expected. If that does happen, and WI decides that oh, all zones should be running, sorry, then the best Rachio could do is start watering immediately, at 4:30am, running all the way to 7:30am, one hour past sunrise. To avoid that, I assume Rachio is setting up the start for 3:30am just to allow WI to reconsider. Now, if this were the real reason, and again, I have no clue, just wild guessing here, I’d make the call at 2:30am AND 4:30am, thus giving 2:30am a chance to reconsider. But each call home costs $ and we’re not paying for this, we only paid for the hardware upfront. I don’t know, I may be way off, I know, and while not trying to defend Rachio, I am pretty sure they have a SOLID reason not to fix it. Is it the best way? Hell no, but it’s what we have.
post by supa on Jun 14, 2024
supa
I agree, putting this 6+ year bug with “before sunrise” would have been a great QOL improvement for me. Just running into this now as I have found I need to be watering longer and it’s amazing seeing posts from 2018 and a response as recent as a year or two ago saying this cannot be solved in any way.
post by MBLILawn on Jun 14, 2024
MBLILawn
@dane I have a question. I have a flex daily schedule and I increased my watering times by 8 minutes to put exactly the amount of extra water I want to put down in a session, and it seems like the future watering sessions in the water journal doesn’t show any additional water, yet the actual run times are 8 minutes more! Any help here?
post by dane on Jun 14, 2024
dane Rachio Squad
I appreciate every one’s feedback. I understand that the current start time logic that Flex Daily uses to compute the “End before” time frustrates you and other customers. This is a project that is in our backlog. We keep a running list of customer feedback that we get from this forum, Customer Support interactions, product reviews and customer interviews. I know that there are many feature request/improvement posts on this forum that we have yet to implement, but we do have them documented, keep a running count, and we review them regularly for resourcing and prioritization. We are currently working to prioritize these and we will be specifically talking about how we could improve the Flex Daily’s end by logic.
post by MBLILawn on Jun 15, 2024
MBLILawn
@dane another wrinkle is my zones ran the extra adjusted time that I added with your new button this morn but the water journal still showed the old amount of water was put down. However if I change my schedules down to the original time, the water journal updates to the amount the longer time put down. Is this a bug ? Please advise.
post by gizbug on Jun 15, 2024
gizbug
Requests from 2018, that have yet to be implemented seem like they should take priority over what you just released instead… just saying
post by Macsterguy on Jun 15, 2024
Macsterguy
Very very cool! Great new features that I’m already using! I love the adjust by percentage!
post by rickd972 on Jun 16, 2024
rickd972
I must admit I’m not a big fan of the new schedule items. Was so easy before to up/down the minutes per controller. I rarely need to up/down all controllers by some percentage. And “seconds”? Really? Do folks really have a need for 10 minutes and 23 seconds vs 28 seconds? I think minutes are fine; sorry but this wastes time now.
post by MBLILawn on Jun 16, 2024
MBLILawn
@franz can you help with my question? Why would that be happening?
post by tonyk1321 on Jun 17, 2024
tonyk1321
How about fixing some existing bugs before adding new features? Ie, where are you with fixing the weather info in the web app? That’s been broken since I bought the controller in 2018. And what about the sunrise bugs (multiple)?
post by dane on Jun 17, 2024
dane Rachio Squad
@MBLILawn I’m going to report these issues to the team and report back to you. This does sound like a bug.
post by MBLILawn on Jun 17, 2024
MBLILawn
@dane can you let me know when fixed? For me, this is critical because if I adjust the amount of irrigation, I need it to properly affect future waterings too so it doesn’t over water. Thanks.
post by gizbug on Jun 17, 2024
gizbug
@dane skipped right over your post/questions
post by RPostWVU on Jun 18, 2024
RPostWVU
Your logic doesn’t quite follow through. Currently, the watering starts at [sunrise]-[time for all zones max time]. Pinging home an hour before that to determine what to run. (based on what others have said)
post by joylove on Jun 18, 2024
joylove
You have a six year backlog of issues? Damn.
post by tmcgahey on Jun 20, 2024
tmcgahey Rachio Power User
You’d be surprised how many people have wanted this for other reasons besides irrigation over the years…
post by tonyk1321 on Jun 20, 2024
tonyk1321
They need to rethink that position. People are starting to move away from smartphones. The web interface may be the only option for a number of their customers.
post by MBLILawn on Jun 25, 2024
MBLILawn
It was not off-topic. My comment started as a piling-on criticism of adding features with limited usefulness, which is exactly the topic of this thread, while some other really annoying long-lived bugs remain unfixed. ## post by Gerardv514 on Jun 26, 2024
I think I have a similar issue. Last night I took 3 of my 7 zones and emptied the moisture level so that those 3 would kick off this morning at 3 am.
post by mlolandscape on Jun 29, 2024
mlolandscape
Rickd said: 'I must admin I’m not a big fan of the new schedule items. Was so easy before to up/down the minutes per controller. I rarely need to up/down all controllers by some percentage. And “seconds”? Really? Do folks really have a need for 10 minutes and 23 seconds vs 28 seconds? I think minutes are fine; sorry but this wastes time now'
I completely agree with what Rick writes.