New Schedule Features Available! - Schedules & Zones - Rachio Community
New Schedule Features Available!
post by dane on Jun 11, 2024
Hey everybody!
I’m excited to announce our latest software update. This update enhances our scheduling software with improvements that you have been asking for! You can now adjust your watering schedules directly from the schedule tab, and adjust the duration by percentage or time. Additionally, we’ve added the ability to copy an existing schedule. I’ll use the space below to demonstrate how to use these features. These features are only available in app version 4.18.0 or later on iOS and Android (released today).
I’ll start by listing all of the improvements found in this update, and then demonstrate each one:
- Easily change your watering durations with an adjust watering button
- Adjust your watering duration by a percentage of the total duration
- Duplicate a schedule in seconds by tapping the more button on a schedule
- Adjust watering time in seconds
Adjust Watering Button
- Go to the Schedule Tab
- Tap “Adjust Watering” on the schedule you wish to edit
- Pick your time
Percentage Adjustments
- Access the duration edit screen through “Adjust Watering” or the schedule editor
- Adjust by percentage is selected as default
- Use the positive button to increase or use the negative button to decrease
- Tap on the field between the buttons to access a picker
- To adjust by time, tap on the dropdown field at the top
- Tap on “SAVE” in the lower right corner to save your settings
Duplicate Fixed and Flex Monthly Schedules
- Tap the “more” menu on the Fixed schedule that you want to duplicate
- Select “Duplicate”
- Name the new schedule
- The schedule duplication will be confirmed at the bottom of the screen
- Tap edit here if you wish to make changes immediately
Duplicate Fixed and Flex Monthly Schedules
This is the same process as Fixed and Flex Daily, but you will be prompted to choose the zones to include in this new Flex Daily schedule. NOTE: A zone that is already in a Flex Daily schedule cannot be included in a different Flex Daily schedule
post by Fl-user on Jun 11, 2024
Will the app automatically update? I just checked the Apple App Store and it isn’t there. Still has older version.
post by ady624 on Jun 11, 2024
Thank you! Is the “before sunrise” start time bug fixed, please? If only a few zones are to be watered, the watering should start at such a time that they all end just in time for sunrise. They would currently start at the time it would take if all zones watered, regardless of how many of them actually water 😞 While these features are cool and much needed, users seldomly get to use them (during setup). The end before bug affects some users daily.
post by supa on Jun 14, 2024
I agree, putting this 6+ year bug with “before sunrise” would have been a great QOL improvement for me. Just running into this now as I have found I need to be watering longer and it’s amazing seeing posts from 2018 and a response as recent as a year or two ago saying this cannot be solved in any way.
post by MBLILawn on Jun 14, 2024
I have a question. I have a flex daily schedule and I increased my watering times by 8 minutes to put exactly the amount of extra water I want to put down in a session, and it seems like the future watering sessions in the water journal doesn’t show any additional water, yet the actual run times are 8 minutes more!
Any help here?
post by MBLILawn on Jun 15, 2024
@dane another wrinkle is my zones ran the extra adjusted time that I added with your new button this morn but the water journal still showed the old amount of water was put down. However if I change my schedules down to the original time, the water journal updates to the amount the longer time put down.
Is this a bug? Please advise.
post by gizbug on Jun 15, 2024
Requests from 2018 , that have yet to be implemented seem like they should take priority over what you just released instead……just saying
post by RPostWVU on Jun 18, 2024
I believe my recent flex monthly random schedule skips started about 11 days ago, after this recent update. It seems to have skipped watering my plants for nearly 2 weeks, to the point where I thought maybe some plants just needed more water than others, and started watering them manually with a water hose. Lo and behold it seems this new software update destroyed my flex monthly programming predictability and reliability.
So I tried to copy the flex monthly schedule to a fixed schedule…no dice. You can copy but only to the same type of schedule, which is a severe limitation. And why can’t we edit a schedule and change it from flex monthly to flex daily or fixed? That seems like a basic limitation that severely prevents the changes of these schedules as needed.
Now I have deleted all of my flex schedules and painfully recreated each one as a fixed schedule, to ensure no schedules are skipped.
post by supa on Jun 23, 2024
I woke up 5am this morning expecting to see my flex daily lawn zones had been watered since they were going below 0% moisture level in this heatwave only to see none had ran so far. They were scheduled for the next day even though the water journal for today says they had been irrigated. I had to manually run the zones then had one send me a notification that due to a weather change it was going to run today.
post by Gerardv514 on Jun 25, 2024
I suggest you pose your question in the proper thread, instead of going off topic on this thread.
post by tonyk1321 on Jun 25, 2024
It was not off-topic. My comment started as a piling-on criticism of adding features with limited usefulness, which is exactly the topic of this thread, while some other really annoying long-lived bugs remain unfixed.
post by Rachio2US on Jun 22, 2024
I believe my recent flex monthly random schedule skips started about 11 days ago, after this recent update. It seems to have skipped watering my plants for nearly 2 weeks, to the point where I thought maybe some plants just needed more water.