New rain sensor flip flopping - Troubleshooting - Rachio Community
New rain sensor flip flopping
post by jwilliams31 on Sep 14, 2025
I just bought a new Orbit rain sensor. The old one was never connected and dry rotted so I bought new.
There are only 5 wires run between the controller and the valves; common and 3 zones leaving 1 wire unused.
I connected the rain sensor to the free wire and the common and the connected the free wire to S1.
It seems to detect the sensor but it is constantly flip flopping, activated/deactivated every few seconds.
There is zero rain so the sensor is not wet.
Oh, I have a Rachio3 which I just got maybe a week ago so that’s new too
Any ideas?
post by Thomas_Lerman on Sep 14, 2025
I presume it is the Orbit Wireless? If so, did you check out the instructions at Rachio compatibility with Orbit Wireless Rain Sensor and presume you configured the app for the sensor? I do not use a rain sensor (only the Weather Intelligence), so cannot provide much.
post by jwilliams31 on Sep 14, 2025
No. It’s a wired sensor.
I was just going with the weather, but I’m in Florida where it will rain a mile away but not on your house. I was seeing the Rachio skip waterings because it thought we got rain when we really didn’t. It rained in the area.
post by Thomas_Lerman on Sep 14, 2025
Maybe How do I install a wired sensor or wired flow meter with Rachio 3?