New install won't activate sprinklers - Troubleshooting / Sprinklers & Irrigation - Rachio Community

New install won’t activate sprinklers

post by jules1968 on Jun 16, 2022

I just installed my new Rachio 3. I’m handy, it was easy. Old system worked yesterday. Merged app with my wifi, went to quick start up, run Zone 1. Nothing. No zones work, either from app or manually on the faceplate of the unit. Help!

post by Thomas_Lerman on Jun 16, 2022

Can you please post the original photo and the new? Do you have a main valve or pump? Do you have a rain or soil sensor? What kind of controller and valves do you have?

post by jules1968 on Jun 16, 2022

I found the problem, the command wire wasn’t connected. Duh. Thanks though!

post by Thomas_Lerman on Jun 16, 2022

I presume you mean common wire??? That would definitely do it ;-), great job.

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Timer started to leak now it won’t work at all
Troubleshooting
0 56 Aug 2025
Include numbered plastic tags to attach to valves
Product Suggestions
0 51 Aug 2025
Smart Timers Reset
Troubleshooting
0 45 Sep 2025
Zone comes on with control in hibernation
Manual Run
3 52 Apr 26
Cycle & Soak with Watering Restrictions
Schedules & Zones
1 95 Jun 7