New Flow Sensor Readings off the chart - Troubleshooting / Tech Support - Rachio Community

New Flow Sensor Readings off the chart

post by 71Corvette on Jul 5

I’ve installed a new Rachio Gen 3 controller and have added a new Rainbird FG100 flow sensor. During calibration the system is reading a flow of 2,000 to 3,000 gallons per minute with some pretty big swings as the system calibrates. Obviously this isn’t correct - and the upper limit of my zones is 10 GPM.

I confirmed all wiring is tightly connected, flow sensor is aligned with the direction of flow, and the wire polarity and connectors at the controller are correct (red wire to S1 and black wire to 24V-). The flow sensor has about 12” of straight pipe leading up to it,

I’ve spent too much time tinkering with this and am about to give up. I’m open to any advice on how to resolve this.


New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Rachio 2 Solonoids wont turn off 1 53 Mar 29
Master valve using motor operated valve 1 30 May 1
All Weather Underground PWS Stations are gone 5 161 Mar 21
This is my sixth time trying to update 0 50 Mar 23
Rachio valve hub cycling through all colors after offline over winter 0 32 27d