Needed real world fix to rachio flow meter algorithm - Accessories & Sensors / Wired Flow Sensors - Rachio Community
Needed real world fix to rachio flow meter algorithm
post by pgrant94087 on Sep 26, 2022
I have everflow flow meter on two different locations (two states) and observed even with good clear city water I get randomly high or low volume spikes about once every week or so. I’ve even caught the issue during long calibration monitoring, typically lower levels. It happens only one reading. Not sure if cause it is electrical interference or something passing in water, but in real world the controller needs to be more robust.
Easy software fix would fix this.
What would make rachio app much more useful is to allow option for 3 readings to be out of limits prior to setting a flow failure flag. This should get rid of issues flow meter users are seeing with rachio.
Thx
post by mfuller on Oct 6, 2022
I agree that it’s likely using a single pair of data points. See my post from earlier this year. I continue to get these false alerts, and this happens on two different Rachios+flow meters.