My controller is offline - Troubleshooting / Wi-Fi - Rachio Community

My controller is offline

post by nizmoz on May 30, 2020

This issue is NOT RESOLVED, do not close my post again. Same issue, all devices show offline since this outage.


post by franz on May 30, 2020

That should have nothing to do with the issue with iOS and certificates. This seems like a WiFi issue. Can you try updating WifI?


post by nizmoz on May 30, 2020

I already did with support which was supposed to call me back once you went online. It was working last night and stopped today. We did do a firmware upgrade last night too but it was working after that.


post by franz on May 30, 2020

Did you try a Wifi reset yet?


post by nizmoz on May 30, 2020

Yes, that is what we did on the phone, and it went to the 3rd light above and never would connect to your servers after that he said. We have grass that was just treated and we have to water it within 2 days here since it was a few days ago. I’m hold now trying to get back to support but its been 15 minutes and no one has picked up.


post by franz on May 30, 2020

If you run this and provide the code I can have the engineering team review the network.


post by nizmoz on May 30, 2020

Doing it now. Be right back/


post by nizmoz on May 30, 2020

37XJ693N

Thank you for the help.


post by franz on May 30, 2020

Looks like a firewall issue?


post by nizmoz on May 30, 2020

I don’t get it, we had your device for 3 years or more, never an issue, and all we changed was update the firmware and this outage, and the next night it doesn’t work any more? The router hasn’t been touched either. It’s a EERO Mesh pro system.


post by franz on May 30, 2020

Yeah, really not my area of expertise on how these things can change.

I would unblock those ports, and if that doesn’t work if there is any way to make a dedicated network ssid for the controller (preferably one band if possible) to help with troubleshooting.


post by nizmoz on May 30, 2020

Yeah, there isn’t a way on this router to block and unblock ports. It’s not a normal router where you can do that.


post by franz on May 30, 2020

Can you create a network ssid without firewall and try connecting the controller to that?


post by nizmoz on May 30, 2020

Is the rachio AzureWave Technology Inc showing up?


post by franz on May 30, 2020

I can’t see that information. If you do have a range extender I would also try and bypass that and connect directly to the router, preferably with 2.4g single band.


post by nizmoz on May 30, 2020

We got it working with support. It was hung up in the firmware update. Soft reset fixed it.


post by nizmoz on May 30, 2020

Thank you for the help though!


post by franz on May 30, 2020

w00t w00t!

Thanks for your patience, have a great weekend.


post by Pellet on Jun 4, 2020

This happens to me, multiple times a week. I’ve emailed twice, but have received no response in weeks. I was an advocate of Rachio for the entire neighborhood (helping neighbors to install two of your product), now I’m not sure. So, please help… why does my controller go offline, after I have paired and re-paired the device many, many times.


post by nizmoz on Jun 4, 2020

Best thing to do is call them. I finally got help that way. 1-844-472-2446


post by franz on Jun 4, 2020

Thanks @nizmoz, that is always an option. If you run this and provide the generated code I can have the engineering team do a quick review of the network.


post by Pellet on Jun 4, 2020

I called. Downloaded the app. Gave the code back in email to your team. She was to call me back. No call. I guess I will call again tomorrow. Nothing has changed on my network. Everything worked perfectly until now / this year.


post by franz on Jun 4, 2020

If you post here I can have the engineering team review.


post by hahmed on Oct 8, 2020

do yo know how to do a soft reset. I am facing a similar issue.