Moving, leaving Rachio system behind? - Lawn Nerds - Rachio Community
Moving, leaving Rachio system behind?
post by IslandThyme on Jun 16, 2020
I’m not sure this is the right category, but here goes.
I’m going to be moving soon, but my Rachio will remain for the new owners. Of course right now it’s linked to my wifi system, but that will go down when I move. What should I tell the new owners about how to get themselves set up on a Rachio that thinks it belongs to me?
post by franz on Jun 16, 2020
How long will it need to run in your absence?
post by IslandThyme on Jun 16, 2020
Forever, since I will be selling the house.
post by franz on Jun 16, 2020
If there is no gap in them taking possession I would remove the controller from your account.
post by IslandThyme on Jun 16, 2020
It’s likely that there would be a gap, although I’m not sure for how long. Is there a way to keep it running in the interim? And then would the new owners just download the app and re-initialize the system?
post by franz on Jun 16, 2020
If you leave it as-is it will water with whatever the last schedules are on it.
Yes, they can request a device transfer through the app.
post by IslandThyme on Jun 16, 2020
Oh, it will continue to water even after my wifi is shut down? I didn’t realize that. It’s on a Predictable schedule.
post by ParB on Sep 19, 2020
I left mine behind on a predictable schedule. Deleted it from my account after I turned wifi off. Seemed to work well and the new owners didn’t get a dying garden…
post by oliverlangon on Jan 18, 2023
Thanks for the information.