MiCasaVerde Vera Plus integration (MiOS) - Smart Home & API / Smart Home - Rachio Community

MiCasaVerde Vera Plus integration (MiOS)

post by Christopher72 on Jun 27, 2016

Would be great to integrate the Iro into the Vera MiOS home controller. I know that it’s been suggested before, but a year later still nothing in progress? Vera is just as powerful as Samsungs ST, Nexia, Wink, etc.


post by franz on Jun 27, 2016

Do you know the integration process? We have an open API if any ambitious developer wants to build off of it


post by Sammy2 on Jun 29, 2016

I have a Vera Plus Z-Wave controller too. This would be a fantastic integration!!

Take a look at this and this for starters maybe.

Here’s a link to the Vera Itself.

I’m not really a coder so hopefully we can work this solution together.


post by Christopher72 on Jun 29, 2016

Vera Plus is an amazing Home Controller… It’s a shame that less capable controllers already have integration. I’m certainly not a developer or I’d take on the challenge. I’d help fund a plugin if that was an option.


post by franz on Jun 29, 2016

@Christopher72 Is there a VP forum? Might see if any developers are lurking over there…can’t imagine it would take that long to build a plugin, but I don’t know how their integrations work.


post by Sammy2 on Jun 29, 2016

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,30.0.html

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,23.0.html

http://www.mios.com/support/

MiOS has created one unifying application capable of universal device interoperability among thousands of deployed products, whether powered by Z-Wave, Zigbee, 6lowpan, Wi-Fi Direct, Insteon, Bacnet, PLC or X10 technologies, among others.

Because the MiOS user interface is completely independent from the MiOS engine, developers, OEM vendors, solution providers, and integrator/dealers can easily create their own unique and focused customer experience.

http://www.mios.com/developers/create-great-appsplug-ins/


post by Sammy2 on Jul 5, 2016

Anything new on this?


post by Sammy2 on Jul 8, 2016

Searching “Vera” on this forum shows that this topic comes up every few months or so and there’s a little discussion about it and then crickets. My take is that Rachio really has no interest in integrating with Smart Home Controllers other than the ridiculously over-priced Nest Thermostat. This is sad.


post by benblackmer on Jul 11, 2016

Hey @Sammy2,

We offer quite a few integrations beyond Nest, which are listed on our Integrations page:

We love integrations, but they take quite a lot of resources to develop. It’s helpful to hear who wants something like this, so thanks very much for posting. At the moment, we don’t have a plan to develop this ourselves, which I believe is why @franz was seeing if there was someone who might help us with it.


post by Sammy2 on Jul 11, 2016

I see that Nexia is Z-Wave so it really shouldn’t be so hard to do the integration to Vera. The Vera Plus controller works with Z-Wave, Zigbee, Bluetooth and WiFi devices and is the most versatile controller on the market today. If I knew how to code I’d do it myself but I don’t. I’m willing to test alpha and beta code on my system though. TIA.


post by Sammy2 on Aug 1, 2016

Sooo… How’s the Vera Integration coming along?

Thanks.


post by benblackmer on Aug 2, 2016

@Sammy2, no new news on this.


post by theothermillion on Sep 3, 2016

I just want to throw my name in here as another user looking for Vera / MiOS integration. The biggest use case I’m wanting out of the support is to have the sprinklers turn on when there is a smoke alarm alert. I have no developer or coding experience so I am of no use to help create the plug in but would be willing to send some beer money to whoever builds it.


post by mustangthz on Dec 16, 2016

Would also like to support a Vera integration. My Rachio is the only device in my house I haven’t been able to integrate into my Vera.


post by kelpayne on Jan 16, 2017

While I’m not aching for integration, I’ll just also chime in that I’m a MiOS user (using a trusty VeraLite). While perhaps not a top priority, it seems that any integrations like this would add value to both systems, and would be appreciated by their combined user base.

This thread might also be a good place for interested people to note how they might benefit from such integration.

As mentioned above, triggering sprinklers based on a smoke alarm makes sense.

Another scenario might be to pause sprinklers (in a zone?) based on a motion detector being triggered.

(I would suppose the inverse of the above might also be useful if you want to make moving things wet.)

If you wish, please post ideas (or duplicates of existing integration uses) in this thread for others to see.


post by mckynzee on Jan 16, 2017

@kelpayne It is incredibly useful when you guys post how you would use the integration! Thank you for that recommendation It also helps quite a bit because I am less familiar with MiOS.


post by Christopher72 on Jan 16, 2017

The possibilities are really only limited to imagination. If you have automated windows or at least contact sensors, and the nearby sprinkler zone is on, and windspeed >X. then close windows, notify owner, or cancel zone…etc. Rachio does a great deal to act upon the data it collects that is relevant to its main task, but without integration with a home controller, cannot be modified to deal with external events or scenario complexity.

This may be the realm currently of enthusiasts, but its becoming more and more mainstream.


post by mark0614 on Apr 29, 2017

i commented on a few other threads but any updates on Vera? its about the only thing holding me back.


post by MirskyFamily on May 21, 2017

+1 for Vera integration!!!


post by MirskyFamily on May 21, 2017

Same for me too. I have an Ecobee thermostat, Schlage door lock, cameras, light bulbs… I LOVE MY RACHIO… in fact, it’s the most amazing piece of tech I own… yet, no Vera / ZWave support.


post by scorp508 on May 22, 2017

For HomeSeer integration I rely on a 3rd party plug-in someone wrote. I do wish the Rachio had a native Z-Wave Plus radio so I could skip the need for the cloud services API to make calls to or get statuses from the device.


post by WokingWounded on May 23, 2017

+1 for VERA integration. VERA has an add on that scrapes Wunderground weather data so that would be an additional benefit…


post by wrk24wheel on May 23, 2017

+1 for Vera. I just installed my Rachio today. However, I took it for granted thinking that it would interface to the Vera. Nice little unit, but without Vera support, it is getting shipped back today. Looks like I will need to verify that the RainMachine works with it before I go ahead and purchase that one.


post by MirskyFamily on May 29, 2017

Having owned this for about a month now, I would not say it needs to be Vera integrated. Sure, it would be great… But honestly, I don’t ever expect to have to do much with the Rachio. While I still hope they integrate, it’s a keeper regardless in my opinion.


post by jlkinsel on Jun 6, 2017

I’d be interested in this as well. I have the dev chops, but not really the time. If I get a chance in the next few weekends, will take a look-see and try to report back.


post by jlkinsel on Jun 20, 2017

Quick update - spent some time this weekend tinkering - managed to get some code running on my Vera that can query the Rachio API and display things. Nice job with the API and docs site.

I’m fairly busy the next few weeks, but what I’m going to try and do is get the code built out just a little bit more, then put that on github (will post a link here). Issues/requests can be made there, and any contributions will be greatly appreciated.


post by jeffd on Sep 20, 2017

Did you put anything into git? I don’t have a rachio yet but one is on order. Would like to see where you got and see about helping out. All that family and kids stuff limits my available time, so I may or may not be much help. The REST API looks fairly straight forward…


post by MJennings on Aug 14, 2019

If anyone is interested, there is a Vera plugin for Rachio:

Information on Rachio Iro App for Vera Integration

Its been out for awhile, and I’m guessing many Vera users on this forum may already know. But just in case, I’m posting for the benefit of anyone wondering when something like this would be available. I actually think its been out almost a couple of years (about the time this thread went stale).

I’m a new Rachio user and have been connected to a Vera for around a decade. So I went into my Vera dashboard, installed the app, inserted the Rachio API, then all of my zones and schedules appeared as devices in Vera.

I haven’t had an opportunity to try it out, but I can see some potential for creating scenes when certain conditions occur. I’m not sure I’ll find a use for the Rachio Iro app, but I like the ability to control zones from another app. It is yet to be seen how useful this will be, but there are likely a lot of other Vera users who have found some nice creative functionality integrating Rachio into Vera. I would be interested to know how others are integrating Vera with Rachio.


post by tmcgahey on Aug 14, 2019

I’ve found the same thing with ST…not a ton of usefulness IMHO.