Merging multiple controllers schedule - Product Suggestions - Rachio Community

Merging multiple controllers schedule

Post by HarvestWayne on Oct 9, 2019

I have 2 Rachio controllers, a #2 and a #3. I just added #3 since I needed more zones for my yard. When will Rachio provide the merging of 2 or more controller schedules together as 1 combined schedule?


Post by JLL on Oct 11, 2019

Hopefully soon or a controller with more than 16 stations.


Post by tmcgahey on Oct 11, 2019

Don’t hold your breath. @franz has made it pretty clear that it isn’t on their roadmap due to the extremely small number of consumers that need more than 16 zones.


Post by ScottC_Woodlands_TX on Oct 13, 2019

If Rachio is counting, count me in as a person with two controllers which I would like to treat as one big one. I doubt it is that uncommon!


Post by jsore on Oct 14, 2019

Count me in. I have 3.


Post by SAR on Oct 15, 2019

I have 5 controllers. I use the IFTT app to download actuals into a google spreadsheet and then create an integrated schedule based on actuals. Still don’t see individual stations. Would be nice if Rachio did this.


Post by sailingtwidget on May 25, 2020

Count me in as well! I’ve been requesting this for almost four years. I have four controllers. Currently just using three (combined zones to make scheduling easier). Not all my controllers have 16 zones being used. It’s the fact that I have 2.5 acres and not all my zones are wired back to a central location.


Post by HarvestWayne on May 26, 2020

Count me in for support of merging multiple controllers. I have 2 running off the same water source. It is a pain in the .... to switch between the 2.


Post by BryGuy on May 26, 2020

Put me down too. I have 28 zones. (and would like a couple more)


Post by jenkins007 on Jun 14, 2021

This really shouldn’t be a big deal programmatically. It really is about customer service.


Post by tmcgahey on Jun 14, 2021

If you want to just be able to have basic remote access to a controller, that is fine, and there are a lot of other, much cheaper options on the market to do so.


Post by jenkins007 on Jun 14, 2021

I don’t know about your automation, but mine reads the weather from my Davis vantage pro 2 sensor array. With the intelligence I put into the scripts it is far superior to the stock Rachio web schedules.


Post by franz on Jun 14, 2021

Thanks for the feedback. Just curious what type of intelligence you added?


Post by sailingtwidget on Jul 13, 2021

Would really be awesome if we could get an update on this. There are multiple threads and requests for this feature.


Post by Demitry on Aug 7, 2024

Don’t hold your breath guys they clearly made this so much more complicated than they had to. Take a look at this 9 year old thread.


Post by nowandthen on Jun 25, 2025

I’d buy another Rachio if the schedules could be combined. I run manual schedules, one Rachio, one “dumb” controller.