Large tree leaves turning brown - Schedules & Zones / Set Up & Edit Zones - Rachio Community
Large tree leaves turning brown
post by SDTacos on Jul 1, 2024
Hey everyone!
I’ve had my Rachio for a few years now and it’s been awesome. One thing that has confused me is trees - I have my lawn and drip systems dialed in but I can’t seem to get my tree schedule right.
For some background, I’m watering a large ficus elasticum in my side yard (Approx 20ft tall, 30ft wide and 6ft across).
I’m using flex daily with the standard settings. I initially had a single bubbler which certainly watered things but I had no measurements to take calculations since I’m not sure how much the bubbler let out.
I have seen since added 4 “deep drip” 26” stakes with 4gph emitters to round things out. I still have the settings under standard with “bubbler” selected. Standard 50% depletion.
I tried researching water requirements for my tree but all I can find is watering for potted plants (ficus elasticum is a popular houseplant, and that may be the origin of the tree from a previous owner).
I wanted to reach out to the community for guidance as to what I should do to change my watering cycles to keep my tree happy.
Thanks!
post by JBTexas on Jul 2, 2024
Here’s the most popularly quoted source for this kind of information…
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Converting Rain Bird to Rachio3 Help | 2 | 160 | Nov 2025 |
| Sprinklers | 1 | 49 | Mar 24 |
| Run Rachio-3 without WIFI | 0 | 132 | Oct 2025 |
| Connecting Gen3 to new router | 0 | 50 | Mar 15 |
| Scheduling for watering everyday, changing how long based on ET | 0 | 50 | Apr 26 |