Keep getting High Flow detected message in 1 zone - Accessories & Sensors / Wireless Flow - Rachio Community

Keep getting High Flow detected message in 1 zone

post by GoWithDaFlow on May 5, 2019

I keep getting a high flow detected message in 1 of my zones. When I calibrated it (3min), it read out 12gpm. But when I run the zone for 10min or so, it give me somewhere between 14-15gpm. I couldn’t find any leaks anywhere and the irrigation system just got installed. Is there a potential leak underground? Or should I just run the calibration for 10min instead to get a more accurate reading? Maybe 3min isn’t long enough to full pressurize the system or something?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

569 views

post by GoWithDaFlow on May 5, 2019

More information. So I set the pressurized timer for longer this time (7min), and got some really inconsistent results. I watched the monitor as it calibrated it and it would jump from 15 down to 6 and back up to 11 and so on until it landed on 11.8gpm. Is this expected?

Also, I haven’t seen this with my other 2 grass zones. It’s only the front yard zone. Maybe because it’s closest to the valves and where the main water comes in?

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Sudden Failure in Flow Monitor
Wireless Flow
7 46 1d
No alert from flow sensor after water main break
Wireless Flow
0 32 29d
Converting Rain Bird to Rachio3 Help
Set Up & Edit Zones
2 160 Nov 2025
Powering Light and Charging Doorbell
Hacks & Magic
1 91 23d
Flex Daily calculates 13.5x more water than what I know works in “timer” mode
Schedules & Zones
6 108 16d