It's Time To [Rachio] Thrive! :thrive: - Announcements - Rachio Community
Post by FauxTony on May 2, 2020
Thanks for the responses! I’ll definitely give that a go the next time around.
Post by tmcgahey on May 3, 2020
Looks like I’ll have a long day ahead of me…my 11,000sq ft kit is in route!
Post by FauxTony on May 3, 2020
Better bring a few cold with you and take off the limiter that @chris mentioned earlier
Post by chris on May 3, 2020
Hey Troy! We definitely recommend taking the regulator off on the 64 oz bottles.
And make sure the sediment is off the bottom of the bottle.
Post by ColoradoSteve on May 4, 2020
Thanks Chris - I ordered mine this weekend. It will be interesting to see how the yard does this year. I did skip the regular aeration this spring so this is perfect timing.
Kind of pricey, but if it works, it will be worth it.
Post by tmcgahey on May 6, 2020
Guess I’m going to be a busy man! 11,000sq ft worth of fertilizer!
I do have a question though…this is made for the grass, but a lot of the documentation talks about plants. Can this also be used to help soils around the bases of shrubs and trees?
Post by Revtoe35 on May 7, 2020
Thrive arrived yesterday and did my first application this morning. Here are my initial thoughts: Very impressed with the product when it arrived but application was not good for me. I followed the instructions. After going over my yard 4 times and realizing not much product was being applied, I removed the plug from the applicator tube. Still very slow progress. After 2 hours I had 1.5 inches of product still in the bottle. I was a little frustrated so I put the remainder of the product in an ortho application bottle and finished in about 5 minutes. I will try the next application when it’s time. Perhaps there was a defect in this applicator or bottle. I am curious to hear more feedback on others' application time.
Post by tmcgahey on May 7, 2020
That is odd…
Post by laura.bauman on May 7, 2020
Thrive is specially created for use on turf and grassy areas but is safe and effective on other plants as well. We don’t currently recommend directly applying it to trees and shrubs since it will likely take away from the grass’s nutrition.
Post by chris on May 7, 2020
Building on what Lo is saying here, your annual Thrive kit is a specially portioned version of our microalgae that breaks up lawn applications for the entire year (spring, summer and fall) into correctly sized bottles for your lawn size. Microalgae is good for many types of plants as it’s restoring the soil, and healthy soil is the foundation for healthy plants. So, you can definitely use it on other plants, and we can assist with instructions to do so, but keep in mind you’ll have less for your lawn.
Post by tmcgahey on May 7, 2020
So I bought an 11,000sq ft kit, and @revtoe35 bought a 5,000sq ft kit, and we have what looks like the same kit…how can I confirm I have the right kit before I apply?
Post by laura.bauman on May 7, 2020
@tmcgahey, I can confirm that your kit is correct.
Post by Revtoe35 on May 7, 2020
Here is what my shipping notice stated: This shipment includes the following items: THRV5-7000 Thrive 7000 Sq Ft. Subscription - 5 Bottles (Ships every 12 months)
Post by tmcgahey on May 8, 2020
Chris and team, How is the Thrive being tracked in Rachio? Seems I can only enter the code once.
Post by chris on May 8, 2020
Hey Troy, The short answer is that we ask you to let us know when you apply the product in the app and then we adjust the crop coefficient based on several reduction factors, taking into account seasonality.
Post by tmcgahey on May 8, 2020
Thanks @chris! So not having Rachio know that I’m applying Thrive on my 8 zone unit might, at best, save a couple waterings, but nothing else?
Post by gargarvind on May 29, 2020
I have used it. I can't give feedback on the product itself but I would say don't waste money on Thrive. Applicator system is poor.
Post by chris on May 30, 2020
@gargarvind - I’ve very sorry to hear that. As I’m guessing you’ve read here, we have had issues with some of the product being over-concentrated and leading to the bad experience you encountered.
Post by James01 on Jun 9, 2020
Just got my Thrive in the mail today! I’m really excited to try it out...
Post by FauxTony on Sep 7, 2020
Hey gang, it’s been a dry summer here but my lawn is still looking pretty solid. So far I’m a fan! One quick question though. I just applied my 4th bottle and my app says I am all done for the year, but I have a 5th bottle still. Is there another application expected or is there some other reason for the extra?
Post by chris on Sep 7, 2020
Hey Tony, does your Thrive tab show 4/4 applications or 4/5 applications?