iOS 14.2 WiFi issues - Troubleshooting / Wi-Fi - Rachio Community

You have selected 0 posts.

7.3k views
18 likes
6 links
14 users

read 7 min

post by saizzz on Nov 6, 2020

saizzz
Nov 2020
I was trying everything to get a new Rachio setup and was about to request an RMA but found this. Knowing how long Apple can take to approve apps, are you guys requesting an expedited approval since this is a result of their bug? Anyway, glad to hear you’ve got a fix in the works.

post by zachio on Nov 6, 2020

zachio, iOS Developer @ Rachio
Nov 2020
They’ve been pretty quick lately. Sometimes getting it through approval in under an hour. Right now we’re going through testing.

post by saizzz on Nov 6, 2020

saizzz
Nov 2020
Wife’s phone is still on an older version of iOS so got it connected! Thank you.

post by zachio on Nov 6, 2020

zachio, iOS Developer @ Rachio
Nov 2020
Great to hear! Glad you were able to get it set up!

post by Stewart on Nov 6, 2020

Stewart, Rachio Power User
Nov 2020
Please do something simpler that IMO is far more useful. When you click Add Device in the web app, instead of the error message “You’ll need a smart phone and our mobile app to add a controller”, you should say “You can use our mobile app with your smartphone to add a controller. Or, enter the serial number and MAC address in the boxes below and click Submit.”

post by zachio on Nov 7, 2020

zachio, iOS Developer @ Rachio
Nov 2020
The update was just released to the store. It’ll take maybe an hour or so before it starts showing up, but should be available for download today.

post by andy57 on Nov 11, 2020

andy57
Nov 2020
I followed the steps above, and successfully added my controller to my wifi network, but the app (4.2.7) still attempts to add the controller to my wifi network and fails (or at least go out to lunch and never comes back). Now what?

post by zachio on Nov 11, 2020

zachio, iOS Developer @ Rachio
Nov 2020
Hmm, what kind of Rachio controller do you have and what iOS version are you using? That may help me see if there is a code path that still attempts to add the controller to WiFi through app.

post by andy57 on Nov 11, 2020

andy57
1
Nov 2020
I have a Rachio 3 controller. I’m running a pre-production version of iOS 14.3.

post by zachio on Nov 12, 2020

zachio, iOS Developer @ Rachio
Nov 2020
The work around only happens when running iOS 14.2.0 currently.

post by andy57 on Nov 12, 2020

andy57
Nov 2020
Okay. That’s fair enough. I think I’ve got a phone that has 14.2 on it.

post by andy57 on Nov 12, 2020

andy57
Nov 2020
I'm looking forward to getting this thing running, but it has been a frustrating experience so far.

post by zachio on Nov 12, 2020

zachio, iOS Developer @ Rachio
Nov 2020
Yeah, the issue on Apple's end is that their process errors and then doesn’t tell our app (or other 3rd party apps that use this wireless configuration) that an error has occurred.

post by EncinitasGary on Nov 14, 2020

EncinitasGary
Nov 2020
This still seems like an issue. When is the fix going to happen? Trying workarounds but it is giving me an error when I follow your instructions.

post by zachio on Nov 14, 2020

zachio, iOS Developer @ Rachio
Nov 2020
What exactly is the issue you’re seeing? Like what steps are you performing and what issue are you seeing? That will help me understand what you’re seeing.

post by Journeymnn on Dec 1, 2020

Journeymnn
Dec 2020
I have the same issue. Can’t connect to HomeKit so stupidly tried to reset wifi and now won’t connect to wifi.

post by zachio on Dec 1, 2020

zachio, iOS Developer @ Rachio
Dec 2020
If you’re just trying to update WiFi, don’t attempt to add a new controller. You can actually update your Rachio’s WiFi without even opening the app.

post by Journeymnn on Dec 1, 2020

Journeymnn
Dec 2020
Zachio, I tried all that before I posted as I mentioned in my second point.

post by zachio on Dec 1, 2020

zachio, iOS Developer @ Rachio
Dec 2020
If the second light is blinking, follow these steps...

post by Zachio on Dec 11, 2020

zachio, iOS Developer @ Rachio
Dec 2020
If you’re getting white blinking with one red, try unplugging the controller and pressing the down arrow on the directional pad for a few seconds to clear the charge.

post by taylorbob1 on Mar 22, 2021

Taylorbob1
Mar 2021
I have an Iphone 8 with the IOS 14.2...

post by Songwoman on Mar 22, 2021

Songwoman
Mar 2021
I have an Iphone 11 and after getting a new router was not able to use the Rachio system.