How to measure for soil type - Getting Started / Rachio 3 - Rachio Community

How to measure for soil type

post by Everytuesday on Jun 26, 2021

Hey guys!

This is my first post and I’m loving the Rachio 3 so far compared to my ancient Hunter Pro C. I followed the tutorial on how to check my soil type but I have a question about it.

From about 0-8 inches my soil type it sandy loam. From 8 - 40 inch it’s clay loam. Which type do I select in the app?

Thanks so much, hope to be posting more!

Spencer

705 views

post by rraisley on Jun 26, 2021

Definitely choose the upper level, the sandy loam. That will be the area being watered, so it doesn’t matter much what’s below.

post by Everytuesday on Jun 26, 2021

Thank you so much @rraisley

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Rachio3 via HomeSeer
Rachio 3
0 48 May 4
Rachio 3, only red blinking on light 1
Tech Support
0 69 Aug 2025
All Weather Underground PWS Stations are gone
Tech Support
5 165 Mar 21
Random Start
Troubleshooting
4 99 Jun 8
Completely Lost need some quidance
Schedules & Zones
3 82 May 19