How to get more accurate weather data? - Settings - Rachio Community
How to get more accurate weather data?
post by lawnhero on Mar 24, 2021
Hello,
I’m currently using weather intelligence + on my rachio. I have recently noticed that when it rains my rachio sometimes doesn’t show the rain that occurred or if there was a downpour it shows barely any rain occurred.
Will I get better weather data if I turn off Weather intelligence + and instead pick a single station that is closest to my house?
Does picking a single station (instead of using WI) have any cons I need to be aware of?
post by Kubisuro on Mar 24, 2021
Yes, if you have a nearby weather station that seems to be accurately reporting, it’ll be better than WI+. WI+ is a no fuss way for folks to get weather and is really great for those with no nearby stations. If you’re interested in real world measured data, choose a local station for best results. WI+ uses interpolation between select weather stations and so results are estimates.
post by LAS on Mar 26, 2021
I use my personal weather station to get accurate weather for my lawn. You can go to weather underground and use the wonder map to find a weather station close to your location or get a weather station of your own.
My Rachio has skipped for wind, temperature, and rain. I watch the calendar in the app, and I see the marked days shuffle around (daily basis) based on the weather.
post by jtrembath on Mar 28, 2021
I’ve got a similar setup. I connected a wireless rain sensor just to make sure if it rains there’s no watering. Easy to set up, no wires to run and the receiver is powered by the Rachio.