How to delay a fixed interval schedule without causing 2x interval? - Schedules & Zones / Fixed Schedules - Rachio Community

How to delay a fixed interval schedule without causing 2x interval?

post by jimf on Jun 14, 2023

Say my interval is 7 days, and is scheduled to run tomorrow, and I just want to do a user initiated delay so it so it runs in 3 days instead of tomorrow and then continues to run every 7 days starting 3 days from now. I.e., I don’t want to just skip the next scheduled run which would cause a 14 day period with no water. Is there a way to do that?

I’m not using any weather intelligence in my schedules. I’m just looking for a user initiated manual delay feature that works with a plain fixed interval schedule.


post by Alturia on Jun 15, 2023

I am pretty sure this is what you are looking for. Go to irrigation → calendar screen in the app. Select the delay water button at the bottom and then select the number of days you want to delay.


post by jimf on Jun 15, 2023

So that would push out all the scheduled run dates (not only the next run date?) for that schedule by N days, which is what I need?

But the doc page Water Delay and Manual Skip says “Additionally, the Water Delay will SKIP the watering schedule(s) while active and does not make it up after the delay expires.” Which makes me think it does skip a cycle which is bad. Make no sense to skip a cycle; I just want to delay the next run time 3 days due to unexpected cold cloudy weather.