Hose Timer won't shut off - Troubleshooting - Rachio Community


You have selected 0 posts.

Views: 2.5k
Likes: 7
Users: 50


Top replies

post by franz on Jul 8, 2025

Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio
@rtkane I will have our support team reach out to and make sure you are satisfied with the product. Thank you for your patience.

post by rtkane on Jul 8, 2025

Thank you.

post by JoshNaz on Jul 8, 2025

@franz would appreciate if someone could reach out to me as well - debating if I should just return to Amazon.

post by franz on Jul 8, 2025

Sure thing @JoshNaz, I just sent them your information.

post by Michaelnwa on Jul 8, 2025

Is there a resolution to this? This is my second season and my hose timer failed also. The valve won't close completely.

post by franz on Jul 9, 2025

@Michaelnwa I am having our support team reach out to you.

post by kssv on Jul 12, 2025

@franz Is there a resolution to this? I just set up 2 more timers and one is not shutting off after its scheduled run - it shows as completed but it continued to run and flooded my bed. I changed the batteries, forgot the valve and set it up again with the same results. It will not shut off either manually or in the app. Thanks.

post by MegatonMike on Jul 13, 2025

I am also experiencing this issue. Purchased a set from Costco and one has failed open. I agree with the others these should fail closed.

post by Gl512 on Jul 19, 2025

Same issue, 2 units and one of them fails to shut off in its 2nd season of usage. Support was completely useless and best they could do is offer me $20 off on a new unit. No replacement, no compensation for lost water. Hard to put trust in a brand when you’re away on vacation and your water has been running for days… I’m so disappointed.

post by BalolongMD on Jul 27, 2025

I also have the same problem. I have 4 smart hose timers. However, one of them does not shut off completely. Could you please have your support team reach out too? Thank you.

post by Cnyc31 on Jul 31, 2025

I have the same issue. Its brand new less than a week old and it won't shut off.
Edit.
I was able to hold the blue button on the valve for 11 seconds and did a hard reset. I had to remove the valve and reinstall it as a new unit.

post by pgatty on Aug 13, 2025

My replacement hose timer valve has now failed in the exact same way as the first one did. The valve won’t completely shut off at the end of its cycle. Is it still possible to get it replaced? Have there been any design changes to fix this problem?

post by relarson on Aug 22, 2025

1 of my three hose timers is now failing this way, it seems like the valve sort of closes but not fully.

post by RaptorKarl on Sep 12, 2025

@franz i am having the same issue for 2 of the 4 brand new smart timers I just purchased.

post by franz on Sep 12, 2025

@RaptorKarl I am having the customer success team reach out to you. Thank you for your patience.

post by Rpm3arizona on Sep 12, 2025

Hi, I’m having the same issue with my hose timer. After the time expires, the app shows that there’s no water flow but water is still coming out. I discovered this after leaving the house and coming back five hours later and our front yard had been watered the whole time.

post by Rpm3arizona on Sep 19, 2025

@franz

post by franz on Sep 19, 2025

@Rpm3arizona I am having our customer success team reach out to you. Thank you for your patience.

post by Tcarlstedt on Sep 19, 2025

Same issue as everyone else. One of my hose timers is still working, the other won’t shut off anymore. Is there a fix?

post by tt22 on Sep 21, 2025

I’m having this same problem. Two new timers, one shuts off, the other hasn’t since I bought it.

post by Tcarlstedt on Sep 26, 2025

@franz Any suggestions/help?

post by franz on Sep 30, 2025

@Tcarlstedt @tt22 I am having our customer success team reach out to you.

Thank you for your patience.

post by Tcarlstedt on Oct 7, 2025

Thanks. They emailed me asking for info. I sent them the info over a week ago and now crickets.

post by franz on Oct 7, 2025

@Tcarlstedt I’m reaching out to them now, you should get an update from them today.

Thank you for your patience.

post by taylorrush89 on Dec 23, 2025

I too am having this issue with one of my hose timers. Can someone advise what steps I should take to resolve this?

post by Tcarlstedt on Jan 8

Hello again! Thanks for your help with my hose timer in October. The new one works great!
However, when I bought that one, I also bought a second - one for the north side, the other for the south side. Now the second stopped working. Battery health is fine, but when I test it, the valve does not open.
Can you help?

post by franz on Jan 9

@Tcarlstedt Absolutely, I will work with the team today to reach out to you.

Thank you for your patience.

post by atripath on Feb 1

I am having the same issue. I bought a two pack of hose timers last year. I haven’t used the other one yet. Will try that one as well to see if it has the same issue.

post by franz on Feb 2

@atripath I will have our CS team reach out to you directly.

Thank you for your patience.

post by Afser on Feb 3

I am having the same issue hose timer doesn’t shut off and it’s flooding my garden. This was working for me more than six months and having issues from last one month.

post by Cuddy-wifter on Mar 8

I just purchased the hose timer and it won't turn off. Tried pressing the button until the red light blinks, nothing happened. Fresh batteries. Connected to hub.
@franz

Please help!

post by franz on Mar 9

@Cuddy-wifter I have reached out to our support team. They should be contacting you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

post by kevdek on Mar 10

Just got two hose end timers. The solenoid clicks but they don’t seem to shut down all the way. Doesn’t seem to matter if I use the app or the button.

post by franz on Mar 11

@kevdek I have reached out to our customer success team and they should be in touch with you.

Thank you for your patience.

post by Jmhockey1920 on Mar 26

I’m having this problem as well. I bought the valve last year and it worked great. Now that spring is here, I ran the sprinkler for 10 minutes last night and it worked just fine. Then this morning I had a timer set for 5:30 AM to turn on and off after 10 minutes. I heard the water still going on around 5:50 AM. Tried to turn the valve off from the phone and pressing the button on the device, nothing happened. The water flows and turns on, it just won’t turn off once it’s finished.

@franz

post by franz on Mar 26

@Jmhockey1920 I will reach out to our customer success team and have them contact you.

Thank you for your patience.

post by DamRich on Apr 13

I’m having the same problem with 2 of mine. Spent months trying to figure out why my drip system was overflowing all my planters and flooding my pool deck. I have to shut the main faucet off to stop it from watering.

post by Shern on Apr 19

My hose timer won’t shut off. I have tried the reboot and cleaning steps.

post by DamRich on Apr 21

Curious what others have done and switched to as this seems to be a real problem. Ironically I switched from Orbit BHive to this because the software kept disconnecting from the valves and would not water at times. I’ve had the Rachio sprinkler controller from way back and love it so thought I would go with software over hardware… very disappointing not just for spending the money but because I need a new solution now.

post by fou 4 days ago

Same issue here. I bought a second hose timer and the valve doesn’t close. If I push the physical button it turns red, but water continues to flow. I ‘forgot’ the device and re-added it and the problem continues.