Hose Timer says No Flow Detected - Troubleshooting / Tech Support - Rachio Community

Hose Timer says No Flow Detected

post by Onyxdragun on Jul 6, 2024

I received two notifications that my Hose Timer did not detect flow, but upon looking at it, all the baskets attached to the drip system it’s connected to were still watered.

I also did a “quick run” and it said no flow detected yet the water was flowing fine through the lines and connected faucet.

Think this started right after the latest firmware update.

Both firmware versions show: 6.0.15


post by johnny2678 on Jul 6, 2024

I have 5 hose timers; at least 2, maybe 3 exhibit this exact behavior. Watering is fine, so I just ignore it, but it would be nice if I could trust the no flow warnings to know there was actually a problem.


post by franz on Jul 6, 2024

Thanks for the feedback @Onyxdragun and @johnny2678

Ill have the engineering review and let you know what they find out.


post by amkayser on Jul 11, 2024

I am having the same issue - also believe it started after the firmware update.


post by franz on Jul 11, 2024

The team is looking into possible solutions. I don’t believe it was introduced with the new firmware but some other issue the team is looking into. Thank you for reporting!


post by LawnLarry on Jul 13, 2024

Same situation with a drip line for a raised garden. Waters fine but warns no flow detected.


post by Onyxdragun on Jul 13, 2024

If the firmware team needs a Guinea pig I can help out and run it on my device (Been a FW dev for 10yrs)


post by Bentrovato on Aug 5, 2024

I have this same problem. Will you notify me when there is a fix?


post by kewjr10 on Aug 13, 2024

Having the same issue.


post by Rossrallen on Aug 13, 2024

Same issue for one of two valves with the 6.0.15 FW. Flowrate is 1.3 from according to my Flume water meter. Please advise with a fix. Remove and reinstall batteries?


post by liv4muddin on Aug 14, 2024

Same issue. 1 of the 3 I have give me no flow notification but flows fine. I have tried toggling the setting and reboot of the hub and power cycle of the flow meter. Same result.


post by coldears on Aug 16, 2024

Same issue on one of two new hose timers. Both hub and both timers just updated the firmware. Hope this gets fixed soon–we’re going on vacation and it’ll make me nervous to see that something may not have watered.


post by campduyn on Aug 17, 2024

I have the same issue. I have 5 hose controllers on 3 hubs all installed back in June. One exhibited immediately (but water flowed so I ignored it) and I installed the update last month and saw no change in this. Please let me know when you fix it…


post by FlyingSquirrel on Aug 23, 2024

Hello, Franz. Any updates on this?


post by Jsty1028 on Aug 30, 2024

Same issue, no flow detection, but there is water coming out.


post by GeneseeBull on Sep 3, 2024

I have the same problem on my new Hose timer. Upgraded firmware right out of the box, so I don’t know if it worked with old firmware.


post by Colinear on Sep 6, 2024

Water flowing but “no flow detection.”


post by rickblan on Sep 11, 2024

I have the same “no flow detected” message and there is flow when I check the device. This is a pool filler and it would be nice to have confidence in the accuracy of the notice. Please help.


post by jimmie478 on Sep 11, 2024

Same issue here. Installed 2 timers. One always warns “No Flow,” even though it appears to work normally.


post by Schmidt on Sep 14, 2024

Same, I have three hose units at the same place and 1 has consistently thrown the no flow code since the last firmware update. I just purchased the other two last week and presumably, they uploaded the same firmware and those are not having the same issue.


post by DavidE on Sep 30, 2024

Another instance here, Firmware version 6.0.15. Get the no flow warning, but normal water flow to sprinkler heads. Seems variable, some runs no warning.

Keep us posted, if hardware issue, these are <1 month old timers, should I request a replacement unit?


post by dane on Oct 10, 2024

Hi everybody! Since there are various issues that can lead to problems with flow detection. Our CS team will work with you if you have an issue with your valve’s flow detection feature. Our support team can be reached at support@rachio.com.