HomeKit Connection Troubleshooting - Smart Home & API / Smart Home - Rachio Community
HomeKit Connection Troubleshooting
Post by laura.bauman on Feb 17, 2019
Continuing the discussion from HONEST HOUR: What Can We Do Better?:
going to separate this out into an individual thread so we can look into this further @Codytrahan! Looks like the best bet at this point is to reach out to Apple - have you heard back from them yet? I’ll keep my team looking into this.
Post by Codytrahan on Feb 17, 2019
I’ve submitted a support request to them, but not sure the issue is on their side. I have about 10 other HomeKit devices all connected and functioning well. The Rachio is the only one having trouble. Thanks!
Post by laura.bauman on Feb 17, 2019
Frustrating! I’m so sorry about that. Keep us posted with their response and I’ll check in with the team. Happy Sunday
Post by Codytrahan on Feb 24, 2019
Just an update. I received a replacement Rachio 3, got it wired up and connected. HomeKit worked for the first couple hours, then like the original unit it lost its connection to HomeKit and is saying “accessory is not responding”. John from Rachio support is having developers look at it again but no timeline…
Post by laura.bauman on Feb 24, 2019
NO I’m so bummed it’s still giving you a hard time. Our team is amazing so hopefully they can get to the bottom of it. Did you ever hear back from Apple Support? @Codytrahan
Post by Codytrahan on Feb 24, 2019
Yes, they checked everything they could and ultimately referred me back to Rachio.
Post by laura.bauman on Feb 24, 2019
Thanks for letting me know! I’ll ping the team to see if I can find an update for you. Thank you so much for being patient and I’m so sorry for the frustration!
Post by garyk on May 20, 2019
This is an old thread, but seems appropriate. A few weeks ago my Gen3 Controller went “No Response” on HomeKit. I’m on an iPhone8, iOS 12.3 with AppleTV Gen4 hub. All the latest software. Trying your suggested troubleshooting steps 1-3 didn’t solve the problem, so I removed the controller and started configuration from scratch. After I was all setup again, I reconnected the controller to HomeKit. My connection lasted less than 30 minutes before returning to “No Response.” Rachio is the only accessory I have that’s not staying connected in HomeKit. I had no HomeKit connection issues with Rachio until a couple weeks ago.
Post by vcdx71 on May 29, 2019
Seeing the same behavior on a newly installed Gen 3.
Post by gizbug on May 31, 2019
Tried adding accessory to my iOS home app last night. Manually enter the code from Rachio app, it’s been 14 hours, still searching for accesssory.
Post by laura.bauman on May 31, 2019
Hey Friends! We’re still waiting on some fixes. Below are the two latest updates:
both of these things should help the issues we’re seeing! Would definitely still suggest going through the troubleshooting steps at the link below in the meantime (if you haven’t already). https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015979367-How-do-I-use-HomeKit-with-my-Rachio-#troubleshooting-tips
Post by vcdx71 on Jun 7, 2019
I’m open to beta testing firmware if you need testers.
Post by Fh3778 on Jun 8, 2019
I am also having the Rhino 3 device in “No Response” status after going through the troubleshooting steps, including factory reset. It worked for about 15-30 min when first setup in Apple HomeKit. I use Gen4 ATV as my home hub. Please help.
Post by Jason11 on Jun 18, 2019
I have a Rachio Gen3 that I am trying to connect to Home app as well with no success. The Home app just continually is searching for the accessory and never finds it. The code has been entered manually as outlined. I have tried on various devices and reset the rachio.
Post by haucke on Jun 19, 2019
I ran into the same issue yesterday and stumbled across a fix that worked for me.
- I attempted to set the connection with HomeKit through the Rachio App wizard and it kept responding with an error about unable to connect to device.
- I was attempting to also set up a new garage door controller and had to do that manually. a. When I was adding the garage controller manually the Rachio Controller showed as available to add through the HomeKit App so I tried adding from Homekit interface instead of the Rachio App. When I did this it prompted for a 6 digit code which I did not have. b. I went back into the Rachio App to see if I could find a 6 digit code and when I launched the Rachio HomeKit wizard it immediately gave me the 6 digit code. c. I went back into HomeKit and manually added the Rachio controller using the 6 digit code and it added fine.
- It now works fine using Siri to start and stop Zones.
Post by Jason11 on Jul 2, 2019
I am having the same issue where HomeKit does not find the Rachio controller. I contacted support and they said it was because I am using a mesh network setup (Eero). Has anyone been able to resolve this issue who has a mesh network setup?
Post by Jason11 on Jul 28, 2019
FYI…I resolved this on a mesh network. I had to remove the remote adaptors and only have 1 connected. Then in the Rachio app, I removed the device, re-added it. At this point I was able to add the Rachio to HomeKit.
Post by Darken on Mar 17, 2021
I am a new Rachio 3 user. All my zones is working through the app but when I tried to add it to HomeKit it just sits there trying to find it but never does (using the code from the app).
Post by Darken on Mar 17, 2021
Just a happy update. I unplugged the Rachio, waited 20 secs, plugged it back in and when I tried again to join it in my HomeKit, voila, it worked!
Now if I can only find an auto washing HomeKit appliance for my dog…
Post by MarcoX5 on Apr 5, 2021
Worked for me too! Thanks
Post by Buzz on Jul 5, 2022
Worked for me too. Thanks! Rachio should add this step to troubleshooting.
How to control Rachio from Siri
You can use the following example prompts or commands to run your Rachio 3 with Siri:
- “Turn on [zone name]”
- “Siri, stop watering”
- “Please water [zone name] for minutes”
- “Turn on [zone name] for minutes”.