Home Automation System Support besides Wink - Smart Home & API / Smart Home - Rachio Community
Home Automation System Support besides Wink
post by dwilliamhouston on Dec 8, 2014
Hi,
I just spent the most frustrating weekend trying to get Wink to work and I am shipping it back to Amazon today to get my money back. So the question I have now is whether there are any other home automation systems that Rachio officially supports?
Thanks,
David
post by franz on Dec 8, 2014
@dwilliam_houston Here are the current systems we are integrated with:
https://www.rach.io/integrations
We are finishing up our SmartThings integration soon and will have Homekit integration next year, are there others you were looking at?
post by HickBoy on Dec 20, 2014
Franz,
Please look into adding Vera support. Vera has a very active community and even a forum dedicated to irrigation controllers: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,30.0.html
All Vera models support LuuP and UPnP:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Intro
post by franz on Dec 20, 2014
@HickBoy Thanks for pointing this out, will definitely look into it.
post by kirksel on Aug 31, 2015
Any movement/progress on Vera integration? It’s a VERY popular platform and many of us would enjoying controlling our sprinklers from our Vera interface.
post by huydnguyen on Aug 31, 2015
Does this mean that the ST integration is back in progress, I recall seeing that it was put on hold for some time. Also with HomeKit devices requiring some new security chips does this mean for those that want HomeKit integration we will have to get a new Rachio Device that supports HomeKit?
post by ghctim on Aug 31, 2015
consider Control4! It’s a great overall system.
post by eyali on Nov 13, 2015
please do add Vera support or a Vera app. it is very simple to support it.
post by emil on Nov 16, 2015
@eyali, just curious, what plugins are you currently using Vera for?
How would you use it with your Iro?
post by eyali on Nov 16, 2015
Using Vera to control all z-wave devices I have
- Kwikset locks
- door sensors
- flood sensors
- light switch
- motion sensors
- wireless cameras (monitor only)
- alarm
I also use Vera through a plug in for Nest thermostat and for Chamberlain garage door control (myQ).
post by kirksel on Nov 24, 2015
I totally agree! Please add support for Vera.
post by plainsane on Nov 24, 2015
No zwave solution is. I opted for razberry since I have a raspberry pi 2. Everybody has gone after these ui’s that are just a thin wrapper over the zwave protocol.
post by emil on Nov 27, 2015
Thanks for the feedback @eyali. How do you like the Nest & Chamberlain plugins? Are they missing any functionality that requires you to use their native app on a regular basis?
post by plainsane on Nov 28, 2015
I have a toro tfs-100 in the box, just didn’t get it on the main yet as the iro doesnt support it.
post by emil on Nov 29, 2015
Thanks @plainsane.
post by ghctim on Feb 2, 2016
HouseLogix wrote a plugin for Control4 integration, but its almost as expensive as the unit itself!
post by plainsane on Feb 2, 2016
Openhab anybody?
post by tjhughes3845 on Apr 27, 2016
David,
I would be interested on hearing what you believe might of been the problem on getting Wink and Rachio to work together. Could it be a Rachio problem? My Gen 2 is currently connected to my router but I’m thinking on buying Wink to connect other devices including Rachio.
Thank you in advance for replying.
post by sparky79 on Apr 28, 2016
Currently, my Gen2 is ‘connected’ with Wink, but the integration is wacky. It says it is watering when it is not, the zone#s are all mismatched. Plus, disabled zones show enabled, enabled zones show disabled, etc. The Wink integration is useless at the moment.
post by narancic on May 7, 2016
I also would like to see Vera plugin created for Rachio. Small amount of work for one of their experienced engineers and would give instant access to the largest home automation product and customer based in the market.
post by njhaley on Nov 14, 2016
Wow - two years later and still no SmartThings integration. Let’s get on this. Google Home is out now, kicking butt and taking names. Wink has had Rachio support for a while now, and Alexa as a result.
post by franz on Nov 14, 2016
Still testing/validating with SmartThings, yes it has been frustrating how long this has taken compared with the amount of time taken to integrate with our other partners.
post by a0128958 on Nov 15, 2016
I have my Iro2 ‘integrated’ with the Web Energy Logger (WEL) -
If I were to go to the effort of putting in a flow sensor then I could restate the charts in actual gallons.
The WEL can supports a h/w interface ‘out of the box.’ My WEL is connected to the master valve contacts for total Iro2 on time, and connected to sense the presence/absence of voltage at the controller’s zone 10 terminals for swimming pool water usage.
post by pjschaffer on Nov 16, 2016
Direct Google Home integration would be great, but in the meantime, you can integrate to a degree via IFTTT.
For instance, I’ve set up a fixed schedule that runs each zone for five minutes and then disabled the schedule.
post by jimv on Nov 17, 2016
I agree with franz. If we could get SmartThings integration that would be very helpful and the wait has been too long.
post by Thehatrix on Dec 3, 2016
I’m having integration issues with my Wink 2 as well. Very odd since Wink lists my Rachio as a product that is fully integrated...
post by mckynzee on Dec 5, 2016
Hi @Thehatrix-
What issues are you having with the Wink integration?
post by Thehatrix on Dec 16, 2016
The Rachio system is operational and works with the Rachio app, but the Wink app will not control the system. It shows that the sprinkler controller is connected but on the main screen is says inactive. I cannot select any of the zone nor run any of the schedules.
post by dillon324 on Mar 29, 2017
I am having the same issue.
post by DeveloperDavid on Aug 9, 2018
Hubitat Elevation has built in Rachio integration. Very easy to setup, and works great! I am using Hubitat with my Gen 3 16 zone.
post by conradh on Aug 10, 2018
I would like to add Home Assistant to the list of working integrations. Even the Apple Homekit integration works. Siri integration etc.
post by Richo on Dec 15, 2018
Hi, I would also like to add Fibaro HC2 to the list of possibilities.
Cheers