Help me identify this pipe for Flow Meter Installation - Accessories & Sensors / Wireless Flow - Rachio Community
Help me identify this pipe for Flow Meter Installation
post by though on Sep 6, 2018
Going to install a Flow Meter. The Backflow Preventer shows 3/4". Do I just follow the 3/4" PEX install guide?
Also, is it ok to “substitute” the 6" transition pipe for copper instead of pex?
Thanks fellas!
post by spscoutenPhD on Sep 7, 2018
That looks like a type of PEX pipe but with insulation. I take it that you are in an area of the country with extremely cold weather.
Copper is a good choice for your connection and transition.
post by though on Sep 17, 2018
I cut out a section and took it to my local plumbing shop. They identified it as Viega Fostapex. They gave me a solution with fittings to get the flow meter installed and here it is!