Google Home Commands - Smart Home & API / Smart Home - Rachio Community
Google Home Commands
post by Maverick9465 on Jun 16, 2019
What are the Google Home commands I can use with my new Rachio 8 zone Gen 2 controller? Yesterday I got it to water my front flower beds, but today it’s not responsive. Thoughts?
post by laura.bauman on Jun 17, 2019
Hey @Maverick9465!
Currently, you can use:
- “Ok Google, water the lawn.”
- “Ok Google, start watering [zone name].’
- “Ok Google, stop watering.”
You can also customize the integration with Routines
post by Maverick9465 on Jun 17, 2019
Thanks! Is there a way to add time for it? I tried to do a quick water of my flower beds, but it defaults to 3 minutes only.
post by laura.bauman on Jun 17, 2019
@Maverick9465 I don’t believe so at this time, but that’s not to say it won’t exist in the future! I’ll double check once I’m out of this meeting, though
post by laura.bauman on Jun 18, 2019
No luck on adding a time to the command @Maverick9465
post by lockclifford on Sep 14, 2019
Is there a way to initiate a schedule (versus a zone) that is set up? I have 3 different schedules at the moment.
post by franz on Sep 14, 2019
If you go to the calendar tab and tap on a schedule, there’s a Quick Run button at the top of the schedule settings.
post by lockclifford on Sep 14, 2019
Let me clarify. Is there a way through google home assistant to initiate a schedule run…? I can initiate a zone but have not successfully initiated a schedule.
post by franz on Sep 15, 2019
Unfortunately most of the commands were removed when Google Home was launched. I believe currently it only supports watering a zone.
post by lockclifford on Sep 15, 2019
Thank you sir. I hope your organization restores them. The integration has a huge potential.
post by jhstarr on Oct 25, 2019
The command: “Hey Google, water zone 6” does not work.
I have a Google Home speaker and a Rachio D4AB79.
Works partially: When I say, “Hey Google, Start Rachio,” Rachio will start watering an arbitrary zone.
Works: When I say, “Hey Google, stop Rachio” watering will stop as it should.
Does not work: When I say “Hey Google, Start Rachio Zone 6,” google replies: “Rachio is not available.”
Does not work: “Hey Google, water zone 6,” google says: “Sorry, I don’t know how to help with that, yet.”
Any suggestions?
post by Xempt on Nov 7, 2019
Can someone please respond to this this is an accurate description of what I’m experiencing. I bought Rachio because it was advertised to work with Google Assistant and now it doesn’t work. If no answer is available can you please recommend a product that does work with Google Assistant/Home??
post by jhstarr on Nov 8, 2019
Rachio support helped me. My issue was caused by the fact that I had a “-” in the name of my zone which is a problem.
I removed all characters that were not letters or numbers.
Now the command: “Hey, Google, water Zone 6” works properly for me.
“Hey Google, stop watering” also works.
Good luck.
post by anthony1981 on Nov 29, 2019
I think what you looking for is related to the smart display responses. I haven’t found a anything to allow you to add visualizations to smart displays through buttons. Or the Google home app.
https://developers.google.com/assistant/surfaces/displays
https://developers.google.com/assistant/conversational/responses#suggestion_chip
post by jehaan on Jan 14, 2020
Any plans for Rachio to address the limitations when using Google Home? I can have the system water specific zones but it only does it for 3 minutes - which is fairly useless in practical terms. Can I set it to water for longer using voice commands?
post by jehaan on May 5, 2020
any update on this ability to add time to google home? It defaults to only 3 minutes of watering.
post by TSGarp007 on Jun 9, 2020
Question mark?
post by CapinWinky on Jul 14, 2020
You can use IFTTT and the Rachio web API to add the functionality that Rachio themselves seems unmotivated to add. I’m trying to using the API webhooks to get notifications about zone start/stop so I can then trigger smart valves to run some regular hose irrigation in a vegetable garden that isn’t covered by in-ground irrigation system.
post by Thomas_Lerman on Aug 5, 2020
I agree that Google Home integration really needs to be stepped up. The main thing that I would really like to be able to run a zone for a specified period of time. Sure, I can do this with my phone or whatever, but this would be so much cooler.
post by Tanquen on May 7, 2021
It would be nice to tell it the zone and duration.
post by garyjnj1 on Apr 30, 2022
Any update on Google Home integration? I tried the “Hey Google, Ask Rachio to water my lawn” and all I get is “Rachio is not available.”
post by victor_charlie on Apr 30, 2022
It has been a wish of mine for some time to spray animals when they intrude and I’ve tried several approaches.
post by paullew on Jul 11, 2022
Not Rachio related.
post by Cognato on Aug 15, 2022
I use the voice command “Hay Google. Pause irrigation” and it will stop whatever is watering for about 3 mins.
post by clayineuro on Jul 28, 2023
If I ask it to water the lawn it works. But if I ask it to water a specific zone it says it’s not set up yet and I need to set up the device in Google assistant.
post by itsnotbroken on May 20, 2024
I’m trolling the forums to see if the support is worth purchasing a rachio.
post by Thomas_Lerman on May 20, 2024
This is a community board that is mostly answered by the community.