Gen3 Won't Connect to Cloud (4th Light Blinking) - Getting Started / Rachio 3 - Rachio Community
Gen3 Won’t Connect to Cloud (4th Light Blinking)
You have selected 0 posts.
4.5k views 4 links 21 users
Top replies
post by jakeleis on May 9, 2018
I got my 16 zone Gen3 today (yeay), it won’t finish setup (boo).
It goes through several steps before crashing on cloud connect (wifi and internet are ok).
It says something is wrong and then kicks me back into an endless loop of waiting for the cloud connect.
Any ideas?
post by franz on May 9, 2018
@jakeleis I’m having our customer success team taken care of this.
post by NCHokie on May 9, 2018
I’m having the same problem. Emailed support, but haven’t heard back yet.
post by jakeleis on May 9, 2018
Thanks, franz! About how long will that take? Hours, Days, Weeks?
post by franz on May 9, 2018
A couple minutes! 😜 I’ll DM you.
post by crockaway on May 9, 2018
I’m having the same issue as well. Help us please Franz!
post by JMTyra001 on May 10, 2018
I received an eight zone Gen 3 yesterday. Same problem.
I contacted support, and have received no answer yet.
post by franz on May 10, 2018
I just PMed you for more information.
post by tonyjoy on May 10, 2018
Same issue here. Just received my unit and it’s stuck on light 4 blinking.
Tried calling support but went to voicemail.
Please tell me you guys don’t have an ongoing QC issue.
post by dharris on May 11, 2018
Same issue here… 4th light blinking…
post by franz on May 11, 2018
@d2hoffman I believe you are using an older version of our iOS app. Can you please update the app and try again?
Thanks for your patience. If that does not solve your issue I can have the team get you setup.
post by Bryan on May 11, 2018
Same issue here. Fourth light blinking, not connecting.
post by franz on May 11, 2018
@Bryan I believe you are using an older version of our iOS app. Can you please update the app and try again?
post by mdh on May 12, 2018
I am having the same problem. BTW, I am migrating from gen 1 to gen 3. Really surprised I am having problems with gen 3. A bit embarrassing. Can you also assist migrating my settings? BTW, running latest app, tried logging out, re-installing and many power cycles.
post by franz on May 12, 2018
I’ve PMed you for more information and we can get you connected. There were app releases today which should resolve almost all the connectivity issues during onboarding that have affected a very small amount of folks.
post by Diekmannc on May 13, 2018
I’m having the same issues even after updating the app 3 times. Are they working on fixing the issue?
post by DLane on May 29, 2019
@eelliott - need more information to help here:
- Is this brand new installation or did the controller just learn this new trick?
- Which version of the app is being used - iOS or Android and version number?
- Has RouteThis been run - either as a stand alone app or via the Rachio app? If run stand alone then submit the generated code on a ticket to Rachio support.
- Can the network be described - extender, mesh, make/model of access point, etc.?
post by eelliott on May 29, 2019
@DLane This is a new installation. App is the latest available Apple 3.13.1. RouteThis has not been fun. Not sure what you mean about the network, maybe I’m not tech savvy enough? Our WiFi is run through a private home single router from google fiber.
post by Michaeljwadsworth on Jul 5, 2020
Franz, I have having the same issue, the 4th section is blinking and it will not allow me to connect. Can you please help me?
post by Stewart on Jul 8, 2020
The code is
RACH
post by Michaeljwadsworth on Jul 9, 2020
BD79MX54 I just ran the app and here is my key
post by franz on Jul 10, 2020
@Michaeljwadsworth This is what the team is seeing.
Is there a way to make a dedicated ssid for the Rachio controller and see if that helps?
Our support team has also helped folks get onto thousands of routers. If this isn’t helpful I would reach out to support.rachio.com.
Thanks and have a great day!