Gen3 Won't Connect to Cloud (4th Light Blinking) - Getting Started / Rachio 3 - Rachio Community

post by d2hoffman on May 11, 2018

d2hoffman

I’m having same issue. Gen 3 light 4 blinking

post by franz on May 11, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

I believe you are using an older version of our iOS app. Can you please update the app and try again?

Thanks for your patience. If that does not solve your issue I can have the team get you setup.

post by Bryan on May 11, 2018

Bryan

Same issue here. Fourth light blinking, not connecting

post by franz on May 11, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

I believe you are using an older version of our iOS app. Can you please update the app and try again?

Thanks for your patience. If that does not solve your issue I can have the team get you setup.

post by d2hoffman on May 11, 2018

d2hoffman

Help! App seemed current but deleted and reinstalled. Logged out and logged back in. Cycled power on controller. Now it says it can’t find controller. Light 4 still flashing.

post by franz on May 11, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

I’ve PMed you.

post by Bryan on May 11, 2018

Bryan

Deleted app. Downloaded app. Now app can’t locate controller. However, I can see it is connected to my network.

post by franz on May 11, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

I’ve PMed you.

post by nsthompson on May 11, 2018

nsthompson

Same issue for me. App seemed current but I deleted it and reinstalled. Logged out and logged back in. Cycled power on controller. Now it says it can’t find controller. Light 4 still flashing

post by franz on May 11, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

I’ve PMed you for more information.

post by mdh on May 12, 2018

mdh

I am having the same problem. BTW, I am migrating from gen 1 to gen 3. Really surprised I am having problems with gen 3. A bit embarrassing. Can you also assist migrating my settings? BTW, running latest app, tried logging out, re-installing and many power cycles.

post by franz on May 12, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

I’ve PMed you for more information and we can get you connected. There were app releases today which should resolve almost all the connectivity issues during onboarding that have affected a very small amount of folks.

post by Diekmannc on May 13, 2018

Diekmannc

I’m having the same issues even after update the app 3 times. Are they working on fixing the issue?

post by franz on May 13, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

I’ve PMed you for more information.

post by Bryan on May 14, 2018

Bryan

Still not able to connect controller. Haven’t heard anything from Support.

post by franz on May 14, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

I’ve PMed you for more information.

post by Bryan on May 14, 2018

Bryan

Will you or support let me know when I should try connecting again?

I’m also unable to check my ticket status. Message says my email or PW is incorrect.

However; PW reset link fails to send email to my mailbox.

post by franz on May 14, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

@Bryan

I reached out to you through the forum asking a couple questions, did you receive my direct message?

post by Bryan on May 14, 2018

Bryan

Nope. Received your emails and sent you my address.

post by franz on May 14, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

Sorry I didn’t receive any email. Can you click on my name and send a direct message through this forum? Thanks.

post by jsbean on Sep 23, 2018

jsbean

Hi - having same issue here. 4th light blinking. If someone could tell me what to do, i would be happy to do it!

post by franz on Sep 23, 2018

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

This issue should be resolved.

post by eelliott on May 29, 2019

eelliott

I think I am having the same issue described above. Just downloaded the app and have tried starting and restarting everything, but I just keep getting stuck at this step with the 4th light blinking. How did people resolve this?

post by DLane on May 29, 2019

DLaneRachio Power User

@eelliott - need more information to help here:

  1. Is this brand new installation or did the controller just learn this new trick?

  2. Which version of the app is being used - iOS or Android and version number?

  3. Has RouteThis been run - either as a stand alone app or via the Rachio app? If run stand alone then submit the generated code on a ticket to Rachio support.

  4. Can the network be described - extender, mesh, make/model of access point, etc.

post by eelliott on May 29, 2019

eelliott

This is a new installation. App is the latest available Apple 3.13.1. RouteThis has not been fun. Not sure what you mean about the network, maybe I’m not tech savvy enough? Our WiFi is run through a private home single router from google fiber.

post by branislav on Jun 14, 2019

branislav

I have a similar issue. The controller was working just fine until two days ago when we had a power outage. When the electricity came back, everything went back to normal except Rachio 3, which is stuck with the 4th quadrant on. I’ve tried restarting the wifi, and the controller, to no avail. It seems to be running the schedules but does not connect to the cloud/account.

post by SFM on Jun 13, 2020

SFM

I’m having similar issue. New 16 zone Rachio3… 3 solid white lights, 4th blinks and app can’t find controller. Confirmed good wifi signal.

post by Michaeljwadsworth on Jul 5, 2020

Michaeljwadsworth

Franz, I have having the same issue, the 4th section is blinking and it will not allow me to connect. Can you please help me

post by DLane on Jul 6, 2020

DLaneRachio Power User

@Michaeljwadsworth - you need to use the @ character to route the message to the desired recipient - as in @Franz.

Has a power cycle or a factory reset been tried?

post by Michaeljwadsworth on Jul 8, 2020

Michaeljwadsworth

I am still having issues. I have tried the power cycle and factory reset. What do you suggest?

post by DLane on Jul 8, 2020

DLaneRachio Power User

@Michaeljwadsworth - run the RouteThis app and post the key here to see if there is a firewall or networking issue.

post by Michaeljwadsworth on Jul 8, 2020

Michaeljwadsworth

I downloaded the app and tried to run it. It is then asking for a 4 digit code. “Please enter the access code provided by your support.”

post by Stewart on Jul 8, 2020

StewartRachio Power User

The code is

RACH

post by Michaeljwadsworth on Jul 9, 2020

Michaeljwadsworth

BD79MX54

I just ran the app and here is my key

post by franz on Jul 10, 2020

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

This is what the team is seeing.

Is there a way to make a dedicated ssid for the Rachio controller and see if that helps?

Our support team has also helped folks get onto thousands of routers. If this isn’t helpful I would reach out to support.rachio.com.

Thanks and have a great day!

post by Michaeljwadsworth on Jul 10, 2020

Michaeljwadsworth

How would I make a dedicated ssid? @franz

post by DLane on Jul 10, 2020

DLaneRachio Power User

@Michaeljwadsworth - Is there a network extender with the same SSID? If so, change the name of the extender network so one knows which network is being connected to. I ran my Rachio over an extender so it works.

post by Xtina on Jul 10, 2020

Xtina

My rachio was connected to my wifi for the last month and in the middle of testing zones today it stopped and the third light was blinking. I followed instructions to unplug and now it just has my first light on (not blinking) and wifi still doesn’t work even though I restarted my Android phone and the system. WiFi is good for other devices I own. Please help!!

post by Mefel on Nov 7, 2020

Mefel

My rachio was connected to my network till I changed my SSID and password. I did follow the instructions to reset network configuration on the controller but at the end I was not able to see the name of my rachio in the network list. I reset it to factory settings and then tried again. This time I was successful and was able to pick the ranchio controller. Everything went true till last light start blinking (4th and white color) and got an unexpected error on my app screen. I researched and look like the 4th light blinking is due to registration. I had this device on my account for about a year or more which I removed due to instruction and doing factory reset. Please, someone, advise

Thx

post by Stewart on Nov 7, 2020

StewartRachio Power User

You symptoms seem quite strange. When you changed the SSID and password, are you aware of anything else that may have changed on your access point, router or modem, such as a firmware update or manual settings change?

When you were unable to see the Rachio-xxxxxx network in your list, was the second quadrant blinking (awaiting Wi-Fi)?

When you factory reset the controller, I assume that you would have chosen Option 2, because Option 1 destroys all your zone and schedule settings. Did you try that? If so, what was the result? Did that fail and you then tried Option 1?

When you log in to app.rach.io, does the controller appear in your account?

Please provide some details: Rachio model? Make and model of modem, separate router (if any), separate access point(s) (if any)?

What Android and/or iOS devices do you have, including OS version? Which did you use to reconfigure the controller? Did you try any others?