Gen3 Won't Connect to Cloud (4th Light Blinking) - Getting Started / Rachio 3 - Rachio Community

Gen3 Won’t Connect to Cloud (4th Light Blinking)

Post by jakeleis on May 9, 2018

I got my 16 zone Gen3 today (yeay), it won’t finish setup (boo).

It goes through several steps before crashing on cloud connect (wifi and internet are ok).

It says something is wrong and then kicks me back into an endless loop of waiting for the cloud connect.

Any ideas?


Post by franz on May 9, 2018

@jakeleis
I’m having our customer success team taken care of this.


Post by NCHokie on May 9, 2018

I’m having the same problem. Emailed support, but haven’t heard back yet.


Post by jakeleis on May 9, 2018

Thanks, franz! About how long will that take? Hours, Days, Weeks?


Post by franz on May 9, 2018

A couple minutes! 😉 I’ll DM you.


Post by crockaway on May 9, 2018

I’m having the same issue as well. Help us please Franz!


Post by JMTyra001 on May 10, 2018

I received an eight zone Gen 3 yesterday. Same problem.

I contacted support, and have received no answer yet.


Post by franz on May 10, 2018

I just PMed you for more information.


Post by tonyjoy on May 10, 2018

Same issue here. Just received my unit and it’s stuck on light 4 blinking.

Tried calling support but went to voicemail.

Please tell me you guys don’t have an ongoing QC issue.


Post by dharris on May 11, 2018

Same issue here… 4th light blinking…


Post by franz on May 11, 2018

@dharris I PMed you for more information.


Post by d2hoffman on May 11, 2018

I’m having same issue. Gen 3 light 4 blinking


Post by franz on May 11, 2018

@d2hoffman I believe you are using an older version of our iOS app. Can you please update the app and try again?

Thanks for your patience. If that does not solve your issue I can have the team get you setup.


Post by Bryan on May 11, 2018

Same issue here. Fourth light blinking, not connecting


Post by franz on May 11, 2018

@Bryan I believe you are using an older version of our iOS app. Can you please update the app and try again?

Thanks for your patience. If that does not solve your issue I can have the team get you setup.


Post by d2hoffman on May 11, 2018

Help! App seemed current but deleted and reinstalled. Logged out and logged back in. Cycled power on controller. Now it says it can’t find controller. Light 4 still flashing.


Post by franz on May 11, 2018

I’ve PMed you.


Post by Bryan on May 11, 2018

Deleted app. Downloaded app. Now app can’t locate controller. However, I can see it is connected to my network.


Post by franz on May 11, 2018

I’ve PMed you.


Post by nsthompson on May 11, 2018

Same issue for me. App seemed current but I deleted it and reinstalled. Logged out and logged back in. Cycled power on controller. Now it says it can’t find controller. Light 4 still flashing


Post by franz on May 11, 2018

I’ve PMed you for more information.


Post by mdh on May 12, 2018

I am having the same problem. BTW, I am migrating from gen 1 to gen 3. Really surprised I am having problems with gen 3. A bit embarrassing. Can you also assist migrating my settings? BTW, running latest app, tried logging out, re-installing and many power cycles.


Post by franz on May 12, 2018

I’ve PMed you for more information and we can get you connected. There were app releases today which should resolve almost all the connectivity issues during onboarding that have affected a very small amount of folks.


Post by Diekmannc on May 13, 2018

I’m having the same issues even after update the app 3 times. Are they working on fixing the issue?


Post by franz on May 13, 2018

@Diekmannc I’ve PMed you for more information.


Post by Bryan on May 14, 2018

Still not able to connect controller. Haven’t heard anything from Support.


Post by franz on May 14, 2018

@Bryan I’ve PMed you for more information.


Post by Michaeljwadsworth on Jul 5, 2020

Franz, I have having the same issue, the 4th section is blinking and it will not allow me to connect. Can you please help me?


Post by DLane on Jul 6, 2020

@Michaeljwadsworth - you need to use the @ character to route the message to the desired recipient - as in @Franz.

Has a power cycle or a factory reset been tried?


Post by Michaeljwadsworth on Jul 8, 2020

@franz @DLane I am still having issues. I have tried the power cycle and factory reset. What do you suggest?


Post by DLane on Jul 8, 2020

@Michaeljwadsworth - run the RouteThis app and post the key here to see if there is a firewall or networking issue.


Post by Stewart on Jul 8, 2020

The code is

RACH

Post by Michaeljwadsworth on Jul 9, 2020

BD79MX54

I just ran the app and here is my key


Post by franz on Jul 10, 2020

@Michaeljwadsworth
This is what the team is seeing.

Is there a way to make a dedicated ssid for the Rachio controller and see if that helps?

Our support team has also helped folks get onto thousands of routers. If this isn’t helpful I would reach out to support.rachio.com.

Thanks and have a great day!