Gen2 with HomeKit working - Smart Home & API / Smart Home - Rachio Community

Gen2 with HomeKit working

post by conradh on Apr 4, 2018

I can switch each zone on/off from whitin Homekit using our Apple devices. Even use the Homekit scheduler.

To get this working I use a combination of software.

No problem to share my setup files etc.


post by emil on Apr 4, 2018

@conradh we’d love to hear more about how you set this up!


post by conradh on Apr 5, 2018

Hi Emil.

Yes I will. But I am very busy at the moment.

Maybe this weekend.

Just tested Siri to start or stop a zone. Works perfect.

Just say at Siri: start water lawn.


post by conradh on Apr 16, 2018

Just created a new topic where I explained how I got it all working.


post by Salmanslim on May 5, 2018

Can you please link us to that post ?


post by DLane on May 5, 2018

@Salmanslim -


post by conradh on Jun 28, 2018

Here you can find a complete script setup


post by franz on Jun 28, 2018

This is an abomination


post by conradh on Jun 28, 2018

What does abomination mean? You don’t like the setup from within Home Assistant?

Unfortunately the native plugin doesn’t work anymore. So the route with IFTTT works. Except the delay in response time. Various from 5 to 45 minutes after a zone finishes.


post by conradh on Jun 29, 2018

The IFTTT response time is now below 5 minutes!! Great.


post by Kubisuro on Jun 29, 2018

Perhaps wishful thinking but I immediately read between the lines…