Gen 3 Flow Meter Questions - Getting Started / Wireless Flow Meter - Rachio Community

Gen 3 Flow Meter Questions

post by Chapin on Apr 2, 2018

How is the accuracy of the Gen3 Flow meter compared to using a wired flow meter with a Gen2 controller?

I see that the recommended pipe sizes are 3/4" and 1" and larger is not recommended. What about smaller, 1/2" piping? Will this work well with the gen3 flow sensor?

post by brad on Apr 2, 2018

@Chapin We tested the accuracy of a wired flow meter in the lab to be worse than 10%. Our wireless flow meter will be better than 5%, so definitely more accurate. We don’t recommend installing on 1/2" piping, although it is possible. In order to retain accuracy on 1/2" pipe you will need a straight run of at least 6" of 1" pipe upstream from the flow meter.

post by fpuig on Apr 2, 2018

@brad - I have 3/4” before the backflow valve and 1” after. If I put the flow meter right before the valve can I still get the accuracy?

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Any way to clear yellow hi/low flow banners? 3 42 1d
Rachio Gen 3 (Cannot update firmware) WIFI IOS 26.3 unknown error 0 73 Apr 3
Seasonal Shift DOUBLED my watering times 0 71 May 5
Smart timer leaks with long faucet threads 1 45 Apr 14
High bill 1 57 Jun 16