Gen 3 flow meter leak detection ... wow! - Accessories & Sensors / Wireless Flow - Rachio Community

Gen 3 flow meter leak detection … wow!

post by Chairman001 on Aug 6, 2019

I went to run my landscape zones last night & when I woke up this morning I had received an error that there was a high flow detection and one of the zones was disabled. I assumed it was some type of error so I checked out the zone this morning and noticed a mini geyser where a Rainbird 4 VAN broke off. Ordered a replacement first thing this morning. All I have to say is thank you Rachio!

870 views

post by MeterManSays on Aug 8, 2019

This is why all sprinkler systems should have a flowmeter. Drive through any random neighborhood and probably 20% of homes have at least one geyser watering the sidewalk just like you had. Since most people water during the night, most don’t even know there is a problem until the grass starts dying.

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
No alert from flow sensor after water main break 0 32 29d
Sudden Failure in Flow Monitor 7 46 1d
I am trying to install a new smart hose timer and it keeps failing the firmware update 0 34 Mar 23
Smart hose useage 0 25 Apr 13
Scheduling Bug for end before schedules 2 92 Sep 2025