Freeze Skip Trigger Information - Settings / Weather - Rachio Community
Freeze Skip Trigger Information
post by wchoff on Nov 29, 2020
I was surprised to wake up this morning to see my Gen2 executed a freeze skip, mainly because my location has never recorded a freezing temperature. So I looked at my settings and saw that my Freeze Skip setting is 40F. I think this is reasonable for my area. If the nighttime temperature is this low there probably is not a need to water. The problem is that I looked at my reporting station KOXR (2 mi away) and the minimum reported is 44F. Where does the controller get the information to trigger skips?
386 views
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Inconsistent saturation skip | 0 | 94 | Dec 2025 |
| Seasonal Shift DOUBLED my watering times | 0 | 71 | May 5 |
| Gallons Saved per Skip | 2 | 78 | Sep 2025 |
| Best Ambient Weather Network | How It Works and Why You Should Use It | 2 | 260 | Dec 2025 |
| Weather skip still runs | 2 | 87 | May 31 |