Flow meter + IFTTT usage report - Smart Home & API / Smart Home - Rachio Community

Flow meter + IFTTT usage report

post by azdavidr on Jun 20, 2018

Now that I have my flow meter installed I decided to turn on the IFTTT applet that creates a usage spreadsheet. It is still reporting time, although my Rachio app. shows gallons. Is there an option to have it report gallons ?

post by franz on Jun 20, 2018

@azdavidr Great question, I’ll have the team look into this.

post by franz on Jun 21, 2018

@azdavidr It looks like it is quite a bit of work. Adding one field to that trigger requires a re-submittal of the entire IFTTT application. I’ll put this feature request in our product backlog.

post by azdavidr on Jun 21, 2018

Bummer. Is that kind of data available somewhere in the app? I’d really like to see trend charts to see how my usage changes, per zone, across seasons and even years. I’m definitely a data geek, so this next one might just be me. I’d even be interested to see how the flow changes during a run so I can see how long it takes my system to pressurize, and it would help me to feel more comfortable about the number to use for a leak detection on my 4 hour drip runs!

post by franz on Jun 21, 2018

@azdavidr We do provide a zone by zone breakdown now. Is this helpful?

post by azdavidr on Jun 21, 2018

The data is there, but getting it aggregated onto a trend chart is what I’m looking for. I’d basically like to recreate this for each zone.

It would give me an idea of how seasonal changes (monsoon season, brutal heat, mild winter) impact my usage. I would also be able to see the longer term, aggregate impact of zone setting changes.

post by franz on Jun 21, 2018

Yeah this is great, will try to think how we uncover more of this and make it accessible.