Fixed Schedule but no Weather Intelligence options - Schedules & Zones / Fixed Schedules - Rachio Community
Fixed Schedule but no Weather Intelligence options
post by senex on Oct 7, 2018
I just had some new seed put in and I’m using a Fixed Schedule to water every 6 hours. The last couple of days, we’ve had rain and I’ve noticed there this new schedule is not skipping waterings due to rain. I have been manually delaying waterings but I would like to know why Weather Intelligence isn’t working. To clarify, WI is not even an option in the setup of the schedule.
post by Linn on Oct 7, 2018
I just tried setting up an hourly schedule, and I couldn’t find anything for weather intelligence either. A quick workaround would be to create a separate fixed schedule for each time (a total of four for the 6 hour intervals). I tested that using specific days, and that worked to let you pick your weather intelligence options.
post by franz on Oct 7, 2018
Correct, hourly schedules do not support WI. Another option is creating a fixed schedule with manual soak times of six hours in between watering.
post by senex on Oct 7, 2018
That seems to directly contradict what the app says when setting up a fixed schedule.
post by H2O on May 7, 2019
Also, contradicts the instructions for new seed. See article here.
post by WCLawnGuy on Sep 26, 2020
This question was brought up in 2018 and is exactly what I’m running into now, as it does say WI can be added to a fixed schedule. Any updates on this?
post by franz on Sep 26, 2020
Hourly schedules still do not support WI. We have no plans to change that functionality.
post by WCLawnGuy on Sep 26, 2020
Ok, I think the wording in the fixed schedule picture made it confusing. I’m in the same boat as someone above, wanting to lightly water my recently aerated and seeded lawn. Ideally I’d like to have it done at 6am, noon, 6pm, and that’s it (no midnight watering). I’d also like it to skip if it’s raining. Easiest way to set up a schedule like that?
post by Linn on Sep 26, 2020
3 fixed schedules. That’s how I do mine. And I set one of the schedules up for 3 weeks, one for 2 weeks, and one for 1 week so it automatically tapers off without me having to do anything. And I use the rain skip on them.
post by WCLawnGuy on Sep 26, 2020
Thanks for the tip! I set up three new fixed daily schedules:
- Seed Growth 6am
- Seed Growth 12pm
- Seed Growth 6pm
Running 5min per zone with weather skip. Should work out perfect for me, albeit a convoluted way to make it work. You think they’d have a similar schedule for the number of users who aerate and seed their lawns each year. Oh well, this will do.
post by danspiral on Apr 18, 2022
I’m using my Rachio for the first time on newly seeded lawn. I expected it to be great and so far am massively disappointed by how “smart” it isn’t. It really cannot be said to work for new seed. At least it certainly isn’t better than a standard setup.
post by twin1 on Apr 20, 2022
Here’s another way to create a schedule for watering new seed. It’s a clunky workaround until Rachio adds some kind of easy new seed feature, but it works. You will have to have your other (non-new seed) zones set to water at night while this schedule is enabled.