Faucet/Tap Adapter for Australia - Getting Started / International Users - Rachio Community
Faucet/Tap Adapter for Australia
post by JackDCondon on Sep 22, 2024
hey folks- i bought the Smart Hose Timer and plan to have it working on my Tap in australia.
however i cant get the thread to go onto my tap- it seems like its wrong and that makes sense as it was made for a US market.
I purchased this after some looking online but it did not fit - I suspect i bought it in the wrong orientation?
Rather then accidently stripping the thread on my Tap in my garden i purchased this
But the threading is the same on the tap- just sharing some specs for folks not for aus. It uses a 3/4" BSP male thread.
Im a bit confused as to what part i need- any Australians want to help me out here?
Thanks!
post by scabecks on Dec 15, 2024
This is a very late reply, but I’ve just purchased my own tap timer for use in Brisbane, and I think what you were looking for (and probably have by now) is the opposite of that and can be found at 3/4" US Thread Adapter | Hoselink
post by scabecks on Dec 21, 2024
Just replying again for posterity; I was wrong and that piece from hoselink is incorrect. However, the adaptor from irrigation warehouse linked to previously is I think correct, but for connecting the outlet of the rachio hose timer (since it too is 3/4" Garden Hose Thread) to an Aussie hose. For the inlet, irrigation warehouse also sells this USGT Male x BSP Female 3/4" - Irrigation Warehouse Group Pty. Ltd. which I believe should do the trick.