Electric Surge Protector - Product Suggestions - Rachio Community

Electric Surge Protector

post by thampyshany on Jun 27, 2025

Does the Rachio 3 needs to be Connected to an Electric Surge Protector?(

( Do the Adapter needs to protect the Motherboard of Rachio 3 just in case of the surge ?)

post by tmcgahey on Jun 27, 2025

NEED? No. Bad idea? Probably not especially if you are in an area prone to surges. I don’t know that I’ve ever experienced a power surge in the 15 years I’ve lived in my current house so it’s honestly not something I ever think about.

post by thampyshany on Jun 27, 2025

Unit ( controller) was working fine 6/22/2025 & stops working on 06/23/2025 after 3 years flawlessly! What makes it ! Product was purchased from Amazon! Rachio say warranty lapsed! ( unfortunately they cannot replace the unit ) …

post by thampyshany on Jul 2, 2025

post by thampyshany on Jul 2, 2025

In a recent Power Outage/Supply Surge has damaged this unit for its Replacement with a New One !

post by thampyshany on Jul 11, 2025

Using a Surge Protector is Smart & Wise ! ( Costs $17,… but investing $200 worth of Rachio 3 for years to come )