Don't Kill the Rachio Web App - Product Suggestions - Rachio Community

Don’t Kill the Rachio Web App

You have selected 0 posts.

4.4k views
113 likes
7 links
39 users

read 9 min

Top replies

post by tlight on May 25, 2022

I put my two cents in on this subject as part of another thread on another topic, but I wanted to post it here so it can be heard as loud and as clear as possible. In response to a question about a discrepancy between the mobile app and the web app related to the new Dynamic Coefficient functionality mentioned:
"as a general trend we are not going to support new features in the web app"

This tells me that programming and support resources are no longer being allocated to the web app and that it will therefore eventually become obsolete.

Please don’t let this happen. I utilize the web app just as much and probably a bit more than the mobile app, but I use both extensively. I normally use them for different functions. I do large changes and investigations on the web app since it is easier for these 57-year-old eyes to see and big updates are just far easier. I use the mobile app for tweaking settings, checking plumbing especially at the beginning of each season, and quick manual waterings.

Having BOTH apps is one of the big features I harp on when I am selling my friends on why they should get a Rachio controller. I know the world is mobile these days, but desktops still have advantages for serious work that mobile apps will never be well suited for… This is one of those cases. I imagine professional installers, with multiple controllers to keep up with, make heavy use of the desktop app.

So, Rachio: Please continue to develop and support your web app. It is one of the major features that makes Rachio the favorite choice of so many of us clients.

Rachio users and professionals: Make your voice heard here and voice your desire to have Rachio continue to support both of their apps!

post by Linn on May 27, 2022

Agree 100%. Please do not get rid of the web app. I find it far more useful than the phone.

post by Crabgrass on May 28, 2022

Since there is no desktop app for macOS, and the iPad app isn’t in the Mac App Store for Apple silicon devices, the web app needs to be supported.

post by twin1 on May 28, 2022

I also agree 100%!

post by gfhunt on May 29, 2022

I agree - when setting up a schedule it is much easier to do it on a computer.

post by Guffdude on May 29, 2022

There is no other way to download your zone watering history other than the web app. Please keep it.

post by goog812 on May 31, 2022

100% in agreement. Rachio, please don’t kill the web app!

post by JoeSchmo on May 31, 2022

This sentence from tlight above is the problem with where we are going today, wireless and mobile only.

" I know the world is mobile these days, but desktops still have advantages for serious work that mobile apps will never be well suited for… "

If Rachio thinks we don’t need the web app because it’s not the “future” then respectfully Rachio employees must do the same.

post by Athena on May 31, 2022

Count me as another person who opted for Rachio because I could control it without a smartphone. I don’t understand why people think that “everyone” uses a phone and that it’s “easier.” That’s certainly not true here.

post by x9redhill on Jun 1, 2022

I agree. The web app is very important.

post by Gyr on Jun 2, 2022

fully agree. Web app is more convenient for setup and data download, besides the fact that it is the sole way to steer from iMac or PC.

post by RickyO on Jun 5, 2022

Agree! If a user membership model is necessary, I dare say I believe most users would be acceptable to a reasonable monthly subscription rate. (For those of us in regions where our controllers are not in use for a number of months due to winter months, monthly may be an option as compared to annual; but I would think that since development costs are relatively fixed and would need to be funded for keeping quality developers on staff throughout the year, either option is understandable.

post by treitmann on Jun 6, 2022

Agree please keep the web app! Hardly ever use the mobile except for checking valves at startup.

post by rossta0825 on Jun 8, 2022

I’m glad to hear of this possible change - but not at all happy about it. I have an 18-zone Irritrol controller I was just thinking about replacing with a Rachio (or 2). But, not if they are abandoning the desktop web version of access.

post by mgdeibert on Jun 11, 2022

I use the web app as much if not more than my phone. Much easier to use my computer than my phone.

post by Thalagyrt on Jun 13, 2022

Echoing this, I almost exclusively use the web app. It’s much easier to manage two controllers this way side by side when dealing with scheduling tweaks.

post by Secondhome on Jun 19, 2022

Apps can't do everything for everyone. Keep the webpage.

...

post by F4NavyPilot on Aug 23, 2022

yes, totally agree with those comments. I use both the web app and the phone app.

post by davebarnes on Aug 24, 2022

keep the web app; bigger is better and I prefer to use my iMac vs my iPad.

...

post by tlight on Jan 3, 2023

I started this thread in May 2022 and have not seen a response, or any additional information, from Rachio. I have seen in at least one other thread problems with the web app that are not being addressed in a timely manner.

It is possible that Rachio is struggling as a company and having to make tough choices with regards to their programming resources.

...

post by franz on Jan 4, 2023

Hey everyone, thanks for the passion! We do not have any plans to enhance the web app on our roadmap, but we are also not planning on winding it down. As we release new products unfortunately it won’t support them, but should continue to work for the irrigation controller for the foreseeable future.