Delete Unused Zones - Schedules & Zones / Flex Daily - Rachio Community
Delete Unused Zones
post by dpekema on Feb 20, 2022
Delete Zones:
We have moved and I need to delete the zones from our old address. How is this done? Thanks in advance!
post by Thomas_Lerman on Feb 20, 2022
Do you have contact with the people that moved it? It would probably be easiest if you do and can transfer it to them. Oh wait, are you saying you kept your controller?
post by dpekema on Feb 20, 2022
Yes we took the controller with us
post by Thomas_Lerman on Feb 20, 2022
Got it (or at least you do 😉). Do you really want to “delete” the zones or just modify the zones (you still have all the “zones” within the controller)? You probably want to:
From the HOME tab
- tap MORE, then CONTROLLER SETTINGS
- a. Update the “Location”
- tap IRRIGATION
- a. Edit or disable the ZONES
- b. Edit the SCHEDULE(s)
Am I going in the direction you are wanting?
post by dpekema on Feb 21, 2022
Thanks for your feedback, however, I want to delete the zones from my old address even though they are disabled.
post by Thomas_Lerman on Feb 21, 2022
Maybe I am not understanding, sorry. If you update the controller location, followed by the zones & schedules, why would you want to “delete” zones? The controller still has all of its zones available.
post by dpekema on Feb 21, 2022
Because it shows all of the old zones from the previous location. I’m thinking I delete the profile and start over.
post by gdio53 on Feb 23, 2022
If you’re installing the controller at your new location, you could just edit the zones to reflect the conditions at the new place.
post by ivanlawrence on Apr 28, 2022
I have the same problem (moved to a new house that uses fewer zones than the old house) and I want to blank or clear all the details of the now unused zones.
The goal is the have the currently unused zones set back to defaults (name, photo, etc)
Is there a way to set the unused/disabled zones back to default?
post by Thomas_Lerman on Apr 28, 2022
If you go to the zone, edit it, tap on Advanced, and scroll to the bottom, you will see “Reset Zone Adjustments” and “Reset to Default”. If the latter does not reset everything, it would be good to know what it does not. Then maybe do the same with the former. If neither resets the Zone Name, the default is “Zone 15” (or whatever the zone number is). If the photo does not reset, I do not think I have seen a way to do that. Please report back on your findings.
post by dlrowell on Jul 17, 2024
How about just answering the question, how to delete a zone?
post by Thomas_Lerman on Jul 17, 2024
Short answer: you cannot delete a zone
Longer answer: you cannot delete a zone or “reset” all of the settings in a zone. A 16-zone controller will always be a 16-zone controller. The only things you can do for a zone is disable it and hide it if you wish -OR- edit the zone to update all the settings.
post by ChuckH5918 on Jul 20, 2024
I understand the concept that a 16 zone controller will always have 16 “available” zones, however, it sounds like what people (and me) want is a simple way to modify an existing zone to an “unused” state. e.g. rename it to “Unused n”, disable it and reset all settings to factory defaults as if it had never been programmed before. All of this with one simple button with of course multiple “are you sure” prompts.
post by Thomas_Lerman on Jul 20, 2024
Agreed, reset zone would be nice (include delete any image for it), which they do not have at this time.
post by kils on Aug 21, 2025
Reset a zone. Pretty simple. Come on, Rachio. This type of nonsense is why I told my folks not to buy this controller. I’m stuck with mine and I’ve always regretted the purchase.