Custom iOS URL thing? - Smart Home & API / API - Rachio Community
Custom iOS URL thing?
post by tomcoates on Jul 17, 2015
Hey guys, sorry to be a pain - just trying to find a way to launch the Rachio app on iOS. Many apps have internal URLs like wemo:// or nestmobile:// which allow you to launch the app from the web or from other apps. I was wondering if you guys had an equivalent one?
post by franz on Jul 17, 2015
@tomcoates I have @matt looking into this.
post by dinkeldorf on Jul 23, 2015
Would love love love IOS URL Scheme to enable calling from Launcher or in my case IOS Imperihome beta. From a SAF & UX huge win. In my case Rachio app would sit along side Sonos, Netatmo and security camera app. Want someone to beta it?
post by franz on Jul 23, 2015
I’m being told by @matt that it is:
rachio://
post by dinkeldorf on Jul 23, 2015
That worked from Safari thanks! Imperihome are adding it to next build. WOW all round. (this from a <24 hours of Rachio use)
post by sanjayh on Jul 25, 2015
This is awesome! I used it with my Roomie IOS remote to call the Rachio app. Now if only it would recognize a BackURL parameter so I could get it to take me back to Roomie seamlessly!
post by DvineElectrics on Apr 5, 2018
Tried the url scheme rachio:// but it does not work??? A program I use which check the app for URL scheme tells me that the current rachio app does not have one.
post by peyton on Aug 18, 2022
FWIW, using rachio:// does open the Rachio app for me. I am wondering ( @franz or @matt) if there are any additional “addresses” with this scheme supported currently - for example to go straight to a particular system’s “home” view in the app or to go to the calendar view. I am creating a proof-of-concept iOS widget with Scriptable and would love to be able to send the user directly to certain screens in the app!
post by Thomas_Lerman on Aug 18, 2022
Curious about Android too
post by Arik on Dec 18, 2024
Is there any update on links to direct locations in the app, such as details of a Zone? I would like to create a link from my app out to the Rachio website, but it seems that the ControllerID I’m getting from the API does not match the ID being used in the URL Rachio has on their WebApp. Zone ID does match.