Crop Coefficient Adjustment Update - Schedules & Zones / Set Up & Edit Zones - Rachio Community

Crop Coefficient Adjustment Update

post by tlight on Sep 13, 2021

A large number of posts, going years back and the latest in March, in this forum seem to indicate that the Crop Coefficient setting in each zone is fixed to the value entered by the user and is NOT adjusted seasonally by the software. I read a number of requests, including support from Franz of Rachio, for a user adjustable seasonal adjustment so users can match the specific Crop Coefficient for their plants in their region. Does anyone know if this has happened, or is the setting static still?

463 views

post by tmcgahey on Sep 15, 2021

Static. I know Rachio founders have been active recently and have hinted at some pretty cool updates that are in the works. While this is a fantastic idea and I hope it does come out, since every region, state, micro climate, etc would have different crop coefficients throughout the year, not to mention different crop types…the database and programing for something of that scale would be quite a chore I image.

post by tlight on Sep 15, 2021

I wouldn’t expect Rachio to keep up with all of it. Just provide a table, with a value for each month, at the zone level. So my grass zones I would set up coefficient values for each month for the specific turf grass in my lawn in my area. Pretty simple upgrade actually…

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Converting Rain Bird to Rachio3 Help 2 160 Nov 2025
Sprinklers 1 49 Mar 24
Best Ambient Weather Network | How It Works and Why You Should Use It 2 260 Dec 2025
We need the Calendar Tap on Rachio Hose Timers 0 33 Feb 27
Hose timer Leaks (water source) 1 39 Apr 13