CPVC Fittings - Getting Started / Wireless Flow Meter - Rachio Community

CPVC Fittings

post by Hughesne on Jul 5, 2018

I thought I have 3/4” PVC, but it’s actually 3/4” CPVC. Sharkbite makes a reducer for this scenario. Is it going to be correct to use a 3/4 PVC to 3/4 CPVC adapter, short 3/4 PVC, then to the 3/4 to 1” adapter, 6” of 1” PVC, then flow meter, 1 to 3/4 adapter, small 3/4 PVC then 3/4 PVC to 3/4 CPVC adapter? I’m not even sure I have the room for all this. Other ideas?

post by tmcgahey on Jul 5, 2018

So you have CPVC CTS (copper tube size)? Is the material tan in color, most likely with a blue stripe or yellow stripe?

If so, you would treat this like a copper install as the sizing is the same.

post by Hughesne on Jul 5, 2018

Yes, CTS. Didn’t actually know that CPVC came in anything but CTS.

post by tmcgahey on Jul 6, 2018

CPVC Sch80 gray is IPS sizing.