Convert indexing valve to manifold - Getting Started / Before You Buy - Rachio Community

Convert indexing valve to manifold

post by yardleywhiplasth on Apr 27, 2022

I’m very early in the thought process here. Probably going to get my shopping list together this weekend and start getting the necessary parts together to assemble and test prior to removing my Intermatic controller.

I know I’ll need a pump start relay switch. I read that Munro is the only supported switch, but I’ve seen others used here. Wondering if buying a new one makes sense to get a Munro, or Orbit?

Also (and my main question), has anyone converted a hydro indexing valve to a manifold? I’m not excited about digging up the yard at the moment, and thinking about a workaround.

My plan is to remove the guts of the index valve (so pressure is running into all 3 zones). I’ll then cut the pipes coming out of the index valve for each zone, and install an electric switch on each to be controlled by the Rachio.

I’m thinking of something like a Rain Bird CP100 in-Line Automatic Sprinkler Valve for each zone.

634 views

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Two zones configured the same, but getting different water times 2 150 Aug 2025
Upgrading to Ranchio 3 possible? 1 169 Oct 2025
Rachio 3 Dropping WAN connection - LAN Connection Okay 7 111 Apr 28
Retrofitting a Rachio to my old sprinkler system that runs with well water 2 64 May 9
Rachio3 via HomeSeer 0 48 May 4