Completely Lost need some quidance - Schedules & Zones - Rachio Community
Completely Lost need some quidance
post by Creama on May 18
I need some guidance please. I am totally lost and it might be because of my age.
Below is what my needs are but I am having a difficult time programing my needs. Can anyone give me an outline on how to create this.
Thank you
- I live in a desert community
- I am mandated to have four different seasonally water schedules.
Summer
- Dates: May 1 to Aug 31
- Watering Days: M-T-W-Th-F-S
Fall
- Dates: Sep 1 to Oct 31
- Watering Days: M-W-F
Winter
- Dates: Nov 1 to Feb 28
- Watering Days: F
Spring
- Dates: Mar 1 - April 30
- Watering Days: M-W-F
I have six station & I normally water at 6am - 8am & 10:30 for all stations except for #6 which starts at 1:00am.
- Stations #1, 2, 4, 5, have the same length of time - 10-Minutes
- Stations #3, 20 minutes
- Station #6, 5 minutes
post by RachioRhett on May 19
charlie. what you're trying to do is possible, but it can be made more simple.
If you might be able to suffer through providing a few answers to a few questions, a few times, I'm sure we can provide an ultimate answer.
- In your post, the minutes are not assigned to a season, should we assume the minutes per zone are the same regardless of season?
- Why must zone 6 run at such a remote time of day from the other zones?
post by Creama on May 19
Hello
First, I want to thank you very much for your much needed response. I have never had a problem with programming any type of electronics but this controller has brought me to my knees.
Yes, your assumption is correct, the minutes assigned to each season remain the same, only the watering days are reduced or added and all circuits except for #6 are on a drip system. Circuit #3 is watering Trees.
Station #6 is programmed to come on early in the morning, one day a week, since at that time of day, it has the greatest amount of water flow and station #6 fills up our swimming pool.
For your information, I have the controller plugged in but not connected to any circuits.
Again, I want to thank you for your mentoring.
Best regards,
Charlie
post by RachioRhett on May 19
Happy to help!
To continue the questions, when you say “I have six stations & I normally water at 6am - 8am & 10:30 for all stations except for #6 which starts at 1:00am”,
do you mean, all zones except zone 6 at 6am and then again at 10:30 am?
and zone 6 is only at 1:00am?
Also, in the summer schedule days, does “S” stand for Saturday, or Sunday?
Since the only difference in the schedules, if I understand correctly, is the watering days, I might recommend having only one schedule and simply adding or subtracting days as the seasons change.(rather than having 4 schedules and deactivating and activating the separate schedules as the seasons change)
If you would be interested in sharing access, I will see if I can create the schedule for you.