Clarifying Questions for Pump Start Relay - Getting Started / Rachio 3 - Rachio Community

Clarifying Questions for Pump Start Relay

post by Cbow on Oct 1, 2019

Cbow

Hello All,

Just moved into a new home in S. Florida and getting ready to install my new Rachio 3. I’ve done some homework and just have a few clarifying questions before I begin the install. Here is my situation:

Now for the questions:

  1. I understand a pump start relay is needed in these situations, but before I spend the money, is there any way to leverage or re-use the Intermatic’s higher voltage capabilities so that a PSR is not needed?
  2. Assuming a PSR is definitely needed, I feel like I will have an issue with the 15’ minimum distance requirement as I don’t have a 15’ span of wall where the pump/controller are located. Is there a trick or scenario where I can run 8’ of wire one direction from the controller and then loop it back 8’ to the PSR? (I’ve read that the physical distance isn’t as important as the length of wire)

I’m attaching pictures of the setup in case it helps. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

649 views