Area in advaced settings - Schedules & Zones / Set Up & Edit Zones - Rachio Community
Area in advaced settings
post by marcdd2 on Jun 18, 2021
I am setting the advanced settings. Should I use the area of the entire zones or the area of an individual rotor? Does it matter that every square foot is getting hit by 2 different zones?
Probably doesn’t matter, but my setup is:
I have 7 zones in a square front yard. Each side has its own zone with 3 rotors turning 180 degrees. There remaining 3 zones are in the middle of the yard with 3 rotors turning 360 degrees. I have head to head coverage.
326 views
post by rraisley on Jun 18, 2021
Yeah, with that much overlap, zone area doesn’t mean much. In any rate, it is only used to calculate water savings by not watering due to weather, so doesn’t affect the operation of the system in any way.