App Outage 05/14 - Announcements - Rachio Community

App Outage 05/14

Edit 2:50pm MT - We are experiencing another systems issue. Our Engineering team is investigating.

Edit 1:42pm MT - The issue has been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We are currently experiencing a system outage and the Engineering Team is working to resolve. You may experience issues loading the app on Android, iOS, and web app or other experience slow response times.

You can check Rachio’s system status by visiting the status page linked below:
Rachio Status Page

posts on May 14, 2022

post by dane

I’m still seeing really slow app responses as well as API.

Need time for servers to catch-up on the East coast?

post by WelshDog

Still out here in Austin. Also, web access to controller very slow or fails.

post by Jtooley307

Still having problems in NorCal. iOS and Web

post by drumrigj

Still having issues is KS. iOS

post by dane

Updated: We are experiencing slow responses and investigating. You can monitor our systems status on the Rachio status page https://rachio.statuspage.io/

post by jaswalters

Last post of the day but I can tell you I’m on the southeast coast and API calls to start a zone do not actually start my zone for at least 20 seconds. That has never been the norm for myself.

post by dane

We continue to experience slow responses in the app. We’re continuing to investigate and working to resolve.

post by jaswalters

One more post and not trying to be rude. If that is the case the status page looks as though it states it has been resolved?

post by KidCapri

Looks like its time for an APP OVERHAUL / Update to the app. While you are at it, get that HOMEKIT working already (3rd season with this controller, still doesn’t work as advertised, shrug. never seen such poor support, takes over 3 years to fix a homekit issue lol).

post by dane

The issues have been resolved.

post by Adamf79

I’m still having issues just like others described here. I’m near Chicago. I was getting messages that zones has been started that I have not started. Nothing is turning on. Now my controller all the sudden shows off line. Looking at the front pane, bar is blue. Shows connected at my router, still showing off line. Not sure what is going on.

post by Alan62

The outage page shows fixed, however the app still does not connect to controller.

post by pacman326

Yeah I’m a first time user (installing today) and nothing works. I’m stuck on light 4 (sent in support ticket for that) and now app can never login. Frustrating

post by Dmitchell

Adding my 2 cents - in South Carolina and I’m unable to perform many functions. Receive “Internal System error null” when trying to skip a watering. Receive “Error loading data” when trying to view moisture detail data. Sprinklers ran this morning (I was unable to stop them remotely) even though moisture says 110%. This has been occurring since yesterday. Force closing app (Android) and clearing cache have not helped.

@dane - the outage is certainly not resolved.

post by NJThrowdown

Still not able to run schedules or “quick run”. And we’re on vacation!

post by pacman326

I’m still unable to connect or do anything @dane. Can you please kindly re-open the investigation if you haven’t already? I’d consider this a SEV1 for most people. Thank you so much.

post by pacman326

Would it be possible to ask the UI engineers to add an error state to the app page if your auth endpoint fails? I think 1 retry + 60 second timeout should suffice. I understand it’ll like be prioritized as low but if a story can be opened in the backlog that would be appreciated.

post by pacman326

So for me when I hit web app I see system (even though my light 4 is flashing). When I click it app crashes (white browser screen). So something isn’t happy. I’d look at dev tools but I’m on mobile currently.

post by gizbug

iOS app still stuck on opening screen with Rachio symbol. Been doing this for 17 hr now.

post by Adamf79

Looks like I’m fully back on line now.

post by pacman326

Nothing here.

post by Dmitchell

Working now for me (Android, South Carolina).

post by jaswalters

Working for me in Florida again. Maybe unplug Rachio and let it reset? You know how code can be…

post by Adamf79

June 20 2022 System is out again !!!