Amazon Alexa not working in Australia - Smart Home & API / Smart Home - Rachio Community

Amazon Alexa not working in Australia

post by Carsten on Feb 1, 2018

Hi Rachio team,

Amazon Echo/Alexa is available in Australia from today, and I have encountered the same issue already described by UK users in the article below:

Can the certification process for Amazon Australia please be initiated from your end as well? I really purchased the Echo Dot only to get full benefit from my Rachio, and I am very disappointed that I can’t set it up at the moment.

As mentioned above, Amazon has only just started in Australia today (February 2018), therefore I am sure there will be more people from your Australian user base asking for this…

Thanks and best regards,

Carsten

post by gcaustralia on Feb 6, 2018

Thanks for raising this and I also, with excitement bought controller and echo and was really disappointed to note that this skill is still not available in Australia. Appreciate Rachio team to take a note and add this skill to leverage this wonderful piece of hardware,

post by dcoder on Mar 3, 2018

I third this request. Can your developers please please register the English (Australian) end-point in the Alexa Skills page and point it to existing cloud scripts… Might take 30 mins of a dev’s time…

post by scoleman on Aug 24, 2018

Yes…would love to see the skill available in Australia so I can integrate my Rachio with Alexa. Could I also request this be done.

post by Carsten on Oct 9, 2018

Hi Rachio team, just following up on this post, Australian Rachio fans are still waiting (impatiently) for integration with Amazon Alexa…

I am wondering if a “Rachio Official” could please respond and advise when we might be able to see the integration working down under? Has the app also been submitted to Amazon for approval in Australia yet (apparently it has for the UK)?

Thanks a lot, Carsten

post by laura.bauman on Oct 10, 2018

Hey @Carsten,

While we don’t have an integration for Alexa in Australia at this time, we are aware of the demand and it is on our radar for future research

Thanks for checking in!

Lo

post by franz on Oct 10, 2018

@Carsten We just got certified for CA and UK. I’m going to have the team look into Australia, assuming it’s just as easy.

post by Carsten on Oct 10, 2018

Thanks Franz, highly appreciated! Every time I demonstrate my Rachio Gen2 to friends or colleagues, they are all blown away by it and some have already placed orders on Amazon USA as well. In other words: your user base in Australia will keep growing… thanks for looking after us!

post by franz on Oct 13, 2018

The team submitted this for approval yesterday. Hopefully in a few days will be live. I’ll let you know when it receives certification.

post by Carsten on Oct 14, 2018

That’s fantastic, thanks for the update Franz! Likewise, I will let you know and confirm from my end as well as soon as the skill is working.

post by franz on Oct 16, 2018

Australia should be live!

post by Carsten on Oct 16, 2018

Excellent, I can see the new skill and have just linked it to my Rachio controller. I’m still in the office but can’t wait to try it out tonight. Thanks Franz and the Rachio team, you guys rock!

post by franz on Oct 16, 2018

We also added a few more commands

post by Alastair on Jan 4, 2019

Hi Rachio,

Any chance of getting it all approved and working in New Zealand ?

Thanks

post by franz on Jan 4, 2019

@Alastair I had the engineering team look into this and there doesn’t seem to be any language choice for New Zealand. Are you unable to find the skill?